We are aware at mytopschools.com that Pharmacy Learnerships 2023/2024 Dates, Requirements is been searched by several aspirants wanting to Sharpen their skills in South Africa as as well as related searches such as department of health pharmacist assistant learnership 2023, pharmacist learnership 2023, pharmacy assistant learnership stipend,department of health pharmacist assistant learnership 2023, medirite pharmacy learnerships, hwseta pharmacist assistant learnership, pharmacist assistant learnership at netcare, clicks pharmacy assistant learnership 2023
A learnership is a work based learning programme that leads to an NQF registered qualification. Learnerships are directly related to an occupation or field of work, for example, electrical engineering, hairdressing or project management. Learnerships are managed by Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs). They were introduced by government to help skill learners and to prepare them for the workplace.Learnership programmes can help you to gain the necessary skills and workplace experience that will open up better employment or self employment opportunities.
Learnerships are based on legally binding agreement between an employer, a learner and a Training Provider. This agreement is intended to spell out the tasks and duties of the employer, the learner and the Training Provider. It is designed to ensure the quality of the training and to protect the interests of each party.A learnership requires that a learner enter into a fixed term employment contract with the company whilst studying towards a qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), which is in line with the learnership (the cost of the qualification falls to the Company). Once the qualification is completed, the learnership will also end.
Why are learnerships important?
- 0.1 Why are learnerships important?
- 0.2 How do learnerships work?
- 0.3 Will the learner be paid?
- 0.4 How long does it ta ke to complete a learnership?
- 0.5 What does a learner receive on completion?
- 0.6 What is required to enter into a learnership?
- 0.7 Will I get a job after completing the learnership?
- 0.8 Can a learnership be terminated ?
- 0.9 Who is eligible for a learnership?
- 0.10 How to participate in a learnership?
- 0.11 What are the entry requirements?
- 0.12 What are the benefits for learners?
- 0.13 How much does a learnership cost?
- 1 Pharmacy Learnerships Available
- 2 Companies offering Pharmacy Learnerships
- 3 Pharmacy Learnerships Requirements
- 4 RELATED LEARNERSHIPS
- 5 RELATED BURSARIES
Learnerships promote access to education and training, as they allow you to work and get started on your career while also studying for an educational qualification. SETAs oversee learnerships and ensure that they offer qualifications related to a specific occupation or sector of the economy. All 21 SETAs have developed NQF-aligned programmes that will help you gain recognised qualifications while getting on-the-job experience.SETAs manage the registration of learnerships in order to meet the skills development needs across the sectors.
How do learnerships work?
Learnerships require you to complete a theoretical course as well as practical training, which is done at a workplace, in order to graduate. The workplace component of the qualification involves hands-on, practical learning under the guidance of a mentor, while the theoretical component is provided by an education and training provider. Together they form an integrated and comprehensive learning programme.
Top Tip: The number of credits needed to graduate varies from learnership to learnership, so make sur e that you understand the minimum requirements if you want to complete a learnership. Find out from the relevant SETA.
Will the learner be paid?
There is a specified minimum learner allowance that must be paid to unemployed learners in a learnership. This is not a salary but covers expenses like travel and meals. Again, you should contact the relevant SETA for more information.
Note: The amount paid as a learner allowance depends on the SETA, type of learnership and the level of qualification. The allowances and conditions are agreed to with each learner before the commencement of the learnership.
How long does it ta ke to complete a learnership?
Learnerships will last as long as it takes to complete the qualification. This means that if the duration of the qualification is two years, then the learnership will last for that period of time.
What does a learner receive on completion?
During the learnership, learners will be required to complete assignments, tasks and practical tests and projects. They will be formally assessed in the classroom and workplace.
If all these assignments are completed successfully, they will be awarded an NQF-registered qualification, that is recognised nationally. They will receive a certificate stating the qualification and the area of skill development.
What is required to enter into a learnership?
If you are accepted you will need to sign two legal documents:
1. Learnership Agreement: this is an agreement signed by you, the organisation employing you, and the education and provider offering the theoretical training component of the learnership. This agreement clearly outlines the rights and responsibilities of all three parties.
2. Employment contract: this is a contract you will sign with the employ er, which is only valid for the time period of the learnership.
Will I get a job after completing the learnership?
Employment is not guaranteed, but once you have successfully completed your learnership, you will be in a much better position to market yourself as you will now have both work experience and theoretical training. You may also be in a better position to start your own business and generate an income that way.
Can a learnership be terminated ?
Yes, a learnership can be terminated under certain circumstances:
An employer can terminate the contract of a learnership if:
- The duration specified in the learnership agreement has expired;
- The employer and learner have agreed in writing to terminate the learnership agreement, or if there is no such agreement, the SETA t hat registered the agreement approves the termination; or
- The learner is fairly dismissed for a reason related to the learners conduct or capacity as an employee.
For more information, contact the SETA that manages the learnerships in the field in which you are interested.
Who is eligible for a learnership?
Learnerships are available for young people who have completed school, college or learning at other training institutions. You must be older than 16 and younger than 35 to be eligible for a learnership. Unemployed South Africans can only participate in a learnership if there is an employer prepared to provide the required work experience.
How to participate in a learnership?
By now you have already put some thought into your career path, and as a result you will be able to identify a learnership that will support your career goals.Your career path should be in fluenced by your interests, skills and strengths. The responsibility rests with you to investigate and research the different learnership options. You should find out as much as you can, including information on the criteria and requirements for entering a learnership.
What are the entry requirements?
Different learnerships have different entry requirements. We recommend that you contact the provider of the learnership for full details on the specific requirements for the learnership of your choice. For many learnerships, the minimum entry requirement is a National Senior Certificate or National Certificate: Vocational, but there may be more specific subject requirements or even skills requirements such as computer literacy.
What are the benefits for learners?
- You may have better employment opportunities after completing a learnership;
- You have a fixed-term employment contract for the duration of the learnership;
- Learnerships improve on the job performance so you are able to do things relevant to the job;
- You obtain a nationally-recognised qualification that is relevant to the sector; and
- You earn a learner allowance for the duration of the learnership.
How much does a learnership cost?
Learnerships are generally funded by a relevant SETA. Since the cost of learnerships varies across SETAs and types/levels of qualifications, you should contact the relevant SETA for more information.
Pharmacy Learnerships work requires dedication as it is the part of science that deals with the collection, preparation, as well as the regulation of drugs. Pharmacists are in control of storing and providing the right dose of medicine to patients as prescribed by a doctor. They also give patients dosage instructions for both over the counter and prescribed medicine.
Pharmacists are not only able to work in traditional pharmacies but are also found working in retail and hospital pharmacies. Some pharmacists prefer to do consultancy work, drug research, and development or work at a university, frail care and managed care or in the Armed services. With today?s technological advancements we also see more internet companies, clinics, and public health services employ pharmacists.
A pharmacist is known to be one of the easiest available occupations in the health care industry to those with the right degrees. A pharmacist is not only there to provide medication but also gives guidance and support to those who need it. It is a rewarding profession and seen as the utmost confidential profession throughout the world.
Pharmacy Learnerships Available
All learnerships in this field are within the medical field, in a pharmacy. These pharmacies are located as stand-alone businesses, part of a shop, hospital, clinic or community center.
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacist Assistant
Most learnerships offered by companies in this field are for a one-year duration. The successful candidate will receive a monthly stipend, however, transport, accommodation, and meals will be their own responsibility.
Companies offering Pharmacy Learnerships
- Shoprite Group
- Medipost Pharmacy
- FPD Ships
- Department of Health North West
- Department of Health Polokwane
- Department of Health Kwa Zulu Natal
Pharmacy Learnerships Requirements
Most companies will have the basic regulations as listed here below. Nonetheless, candidates must ensure that they meet all and any requirements as stipulated by the company they are applying to.
Basic requirements are:
- Candidates must be a citizen of South Africa with a valid ID book or card
- Applicants must hold a Grade 12 certificate
- All applicants must be skilled in the English language
- Applicants must be computer knowledgeable
- All applicant must be willing to do a psychometric test and health assessment
- Candidates must be presentable and detail orientated
- Applicants must have a diploma or degree in the field applying to
An interview will be set-up with the selected applicants. Applicants must also include a CV, all academic results, recommendation letters and reference letters if they have. If your application is selected, the company will contact you for further tests and an interview.