We are aware at mytopschools.com that Petra Diamonds Learnerships 2023/2024 Dates, Requirements is been searched by several aspirants wanting to Sharpen their skills in South Africa as as well as related searches such as petra diamonds application form 2023, petra diamonds vacancies, petra diamonds vacancies 2023, petra diamonds internships, cullinan diamond mine vacancies 2023, de beers mine kimberley vacancies, learnerships 2023, minopex learnerships
A learnership is a work based learning programme that leads to an NQF registered qualification. Learnerships are directly related to an occupation or field of work, for example, electrical engineering, hairdressing or project management. Learnerships are managed by Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs). They were introduced by government to help skill learners and to prepare them for the workplace.Learnership programmes can help you to gain the necessary skills and workplace experience that will open up better employment or self employment opportunities.
Learnerships are based on legally binding agreement between an employer, a learner and a Training Provider. This agreement is intended to spell out the tasks and duties of the employer, the learner and the Training Provider. It is designed to ensure the quality of the training and to protect the interests of each party.A learnership requires that a learner enter into a fixed term employment contract with the company whilst studying towards a qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), which is in line with the learnership (the cost of the qualification falls to the Company). Once the qualification is completed, the learnership will also end.
Learnerships promote access to education and training, as they allow you to work and get started on your career while also studying for an educational qualification. SETAs oversee learnerships and ensure that they offer qualifications related to a specific occupation or sector of the economy. All 21 SETAs have developed NQF-aligned programmes that will help you gain recognised qualifications while getting on-the-job experience.SETAs manage the registration of learnerships in order to meet the skills development needs across the sectors.
How do learnerships work?
- 1 Petra Diamonds Learnerships Available
- 2 Petra Diamonds Learnerships Requirements
- 3 Petra Diamonds Learnerships Application
- 4 Petra Diamonds Learnerships Closing Dates
- 4.1 Will the learner be paid?
- 4.2 How long does it ta ke to complete a learnership?
- 4.3 What does a learner receive on completion?
- 4.4 What is required to enter into a learnership?
- 4.5 Will I get a job after completing the learnership?
- 4.6 Can a learnership be terminated ?
- 4.7 Who is eligible for a learnership?
- 4.8 How to participate in a learnership?
- 4.9 What are the entry requirements?
- 4.10 What are the benefits for learners?
- 4.11 How much does a learnership cost?
- 5 RELATED LEARNERSHIPS
- 6 RELATED BURSARIES
Learnerships require you to complete a theoretical course as well as practical training, which is done at a workplace, in order to graduate. The workplace component of the qualification involves hands-on, practical learning under the guidance of a mentor, while the theoretical component is provided by an education and training provider. Together they form an integrated and comprehensive learning programme.
Top Tip: The number of credits needed to graduate varies from learnership to learnership, so make sur e that you understand the minimum requirements if you want to complete a learnership. Find out from the relevant SETA.
This company is dedicated to building the future of bright young minds.? They aid in developing the skills base of South Africa by providing great Petra Diamonds Learnerships opportunities.? If you are looking for a career within the mining industry, they may be able to aid you!
This learnership?program is primarily focused on the mining industry and engineering field.
Petra Diamonds Learnerships Available
There are numerous learnerships within the banking sector, some career paths may include the following options:
- Earth Science / Geology
- Electrical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Fitting & Turning
- Diesel Mechanic
- Electrical Maintenance
- Diamond Processing
- Jewelry Manufacturing
Petra Diamonds Learnerships Requirements
Candidates must include a detailed curriculum vitae with contact details, contactable references as well as any information they feel may be pertinent to their application.? Please also include certified copies of all relevant certificates, ID, and proof of address no older than three months.? Candidates must be permanent South African residents and citizens.
Most candidates will also be required to have the following:
- Matric with Mathematics and Science
- English, read, write and speak
- Must have or be able to obtain a fitness certificate
- Candidates must not have a permanent employment
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Flexibility with a commitment to learn, but moreover willingness to work
Petra Diamonds Learnerships Application
Learnerships online applications processes are made available during the year on a variety of websites.? When available you can download the form, completed it and send it along with the required documentation to [email protected], alternatively, fax it to 086 7193 238. ?Find their current vacancies on their website.
Petra Diamonds Learnerships Closing Dates
The closing dates for these are February, July, and December each year.
Please also be advised that if you do not get any feedback within 30 days of the closing dates, your application is unsuccessful.
Will the learner be paid?
There is a specified minimum learner allowance that must be paid to unemployed learners in a learnership. This is not a salary but covers expenses like travel and meals. Again, you should contact the relevant SETA for more information.
Note: The amount paid as a learner allowance depends on the SETA, type of learnership and the level of qualification. The allowances and conditions are agreed to with each learner before the commencement of the learnership.
How long does it ta ke to complete a learnership?
Learnerships will last as long as it takes to complete the qualification. This means that if the duration of the qualification is two years, then the learnership will last for that period of time.
What does a learner receive on completion?
During the learnership, learners will be required to complete assignments, tasks and practical tests and projects. They will be formally assessed in the classroom and workplace.
If all these assignments are completed successfully, they will be awarded an NQF-registered qualification, that is recognised nationally. They will receive a certificate stating the qualification and the area of skill development.
What is required to enter into a learnership?
If you are accepted you will need to sign two legal documents:
1. Learnership Agreement: this is an agreement signed by you, the organisation employing you, and the education and provider offering the theoretical training component of the learnership. This agreement clearly outlines the rights and responsibilities of all three parties.
2. Employment contract: this is a contract you will sign with the employ er, which is only valid for the time period of the learnership.
Will I get a job after completing the learnership?
Employment is not guaranteed, but once you have successfully completed your learnership, you will be in a much better position to market yourself as you will now have both work experience and theoretical training. You may also be in a better position to start your own business and generate an income that way.
Can a learnership be terminated ?
Yes, a learnership can be terminated under certain circumstances:
An employer can terminate the contract of a learnership if:
- The duration specified in the learnership agreement has expired;
- The employer and learner have agreed in writing to terminate the learnership agreement, or if there is no such agreement, the SETA t hat registered the agreement approves the termination; or
- The learner is fairly dismissed for a reason related to the learners conduct or capacity as an employee.
For more information, contact the SETA that manages the learnerships in the field in which you are interested.
Who is eligible for a learnership?
Learnerships are available for young people who have completed school, college or learning at other training institutions. You must be older than 16 and younger than 35 to be eligible for a learnership. Unemployed South Africans can only participate in a learnership if there is an employer prepared to provide the required work experience.
How to participate in a learnership?
By now you have already put some thought into your career path, and as a result you will be able to identify a learnership that will support your career goals.Your career path should be in fluenced by your interests, skills and strengths. The responsibility rests with you to investigate and research the different learnership options. You should find out as much as you can, including information on the criteria and requirements for entering a learnership.
What are the entry requirements?
Different learnerships have different entry requirements. We recommend that you contact the provider of the learnership for full details on the specific requirements for the learnership of your choice. For many learnerships, the minimum entry requirement is a National Senior Certificate or National Certificate: Vocational, but there may be more specific subject requirements or even skills requirements such as computer literacy.
What are the benefits for learners?
- You may have better employment opportunities after completing a learnership;
- You have a fixed-term employment contract for the duration of the learnership;
- Learnerships improve on the job performance so you are able to do things relevant to the job;
- You obtain a nationally-recognised qualification that is relevant to the sector; and
- You earn a learner allowance for the duration of the learnership.
How much does a learnership cost?
Learnerships are generally funded by a relevant SETA. Since the cost of learnerships varies across SETAs and types/levels of qualifications, you should contact the relevant SETA for more information.