We are aware at mytopschools.com that Implats Impala Learnerships 2023/2024 Dates, Requirements is been searched by several aspirants wanting to Sharpen their skills in South Africa as as well as related searches such as impala learnership salary, impala platinum limited vacancies, impala platinum vacancies 2023, impala platinum mine apprenticeship 2023, mining trainee impala, mining learnerships in rustenburg, marula platinum mine learnerships 2023, mining learnerships 2023
A learnership is a work based learning programme that leads to an NQF registered qualification. Learnerships are directly related to an occupation or field of work, for example, electrical engineering, hairdressing or project management. Learnerships are managed by Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs). They were introduced by government to help skill learners and to prepare them for the workplace.Learnership programmes can help you to gain the necessary skills and workplace experience that will open up better employment or self employment opportunities.
Learnerships are based on legally binding agreement between an employer, a learner and a Training Provider. This agreement is intended to spell out the tasks and duties of the employer, the learner and the Training Provider. It is designed to ensure the quality of the training and to protect the interests of each party.A learnership requires that a learner enter into a fixed term employment contract with the company whilst studying towards a qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), which is in line with the learnership (the cost of the qualification falls to the Company). Once the qualification is completed, the learnership will also end.
Why are learnerships important?
- 1 Implats Impala Learnerships Available
- 2 Implats Impala Learnerships Requirements
- 3 Implats Impala Learnerships: Application
- 4 Implats Impala Learnerships Closing Date
- 4.1 Will the learner be paid?
- 4.2 How long does it ta ke to complete a learnership?
- 4.3 What does a learner receive on completion?
- 4.4 What is required to enter into a learnership?
- 4.5 Will I get a job after completing the learnership?
- 4.6 Can a learnership be terminated ?
- 4.7 Who is eligible for a learnership?
- 4.8 How to participate in a learnership?
- 4.9 What are the entry requirements?
- 4.10 What are the benefits for learners?
- 4.11 How much does a learnership cost?
- 5 RELATED LEARNERSHIPS
- 6 RELATED BURSARIES
Learnerships promote access to education and training, as they allow you to work and get started on your career while also studying for an educational qualification. SETAs oversee learnerships and ensure that they offer qualifications related to a specific occupation or sector of the economy. All 21 SETAs have developed NQF-aligned programmes that will help you gain recognised qualifications while getting on-the-job experience.SETAs manage the registration of learnerships in order to meet the skills development needs across the sectors.
How do learnerships work?
Learnerships require you to complete a theoretical course as well as practical training, which is done at a workplace, in order to graduate. The workplace component of the qualification involves hands-on, practical learning under the guidance of a mentor, while the theoretical component is provided by an education and training provider. Together they form an integrated and comprehensive learning programme.
Top Tip: The number of credits needed to graduate varies from learnership to learnership, so make sur e that you understand the minimum requirements if you want to complete a learnership. Find out from the relevant SETA.
This mining company is known to be one of the world?s biggest supplier of platinum and all platinum associated metals as they supply about a fourth of the globes platinum. They have mining operations throughout South Africa and Zimbabwe.
This mining group has been in operation from the middle of 1969 and has only grown stronger and bigger as time passed. They have more than 40 000 people working on a permanent basis and also regularly make use of contract workers. This mining group believes education is the key to closing the poverty gap and to ensuring skilled workers for all areas.
Implats Impala Learnerships Available
Implats Impala learnerships offer interested candidates many fields to consider, however, these are all related to the mining industry. This mining company still has some learnership programs, yet, they are scaling down on them as they prefer to offer candidates bursaries. They believe with the right education workers can enter the workforce skilled enough to do what is required.
Fields that may become available include the following and more:
- Fitter and Turner
- Human Resources
- Engineering ? Most fields
Implats Impala Learnerships Requirements
Most requirements for Implats Impala learnership programs will include the basics as mentioned below. Some fields may have additional requirements. These are usually also set out on the application and applicants must ensure they meet all to be eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be a South African citizen
- Must hold a valid ID document
- All must have a valid Matric or Grade 12 certification
- Must have passed Mathematics with a 40% or above average on SG ? this may be higher for some fields
- All must have passed Physical Science with a 40% or above average on SG ? this may be higher for some fields
- Applicants must have excellent communications skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- All must be able to work as part of a team and individually
- Applicants must undergo and pass a medical fitness, heat tolerance screening and any other assessment deemed needed for the field of application
This company offers candidates a monthly stipend and could include normal company benefits. They usually do not provide meals, accommodation, and transport unless stated otherwise. Candidates applying must attach certified copies of all documentation and not send their original documents. It is recommended to also supply a complete CV and any recommendation letters with the application.
Implats Impala Learnerships: Application
Implats Impala learnership applications can be accessed online at their Website, once applications open. These applications will be posted on their Careers Page with all relevant information. All applicants must ensure they submit the application form with certified documentation on time, late applications, incomplete applications and those applications missing documents will not be looked at.
Implats Impala Learnerships Closing Date
Closing dates for the Implats Impala learnership differ yearly according to the field and the mines needs on their different operations. Their learnerships are advertised yearly through newspapers, magazines and online.
Will the learner be paid?
There is a specified minimum learner allowance that must be paid to unemployed learners in a learnership. This is not a salary but covers expenses like travel and meals. Again, you should contact the relevant SETA for more information.
Note: The amount paid as a learner allowance depends on the SETA, type of learnership and the level of qualification. The allowances and conditions are agreed to with each learner before the commencement of the learnership.
How long does it ta ke to complete a learnership?
Learnerships will last as long as it takes to complete the qualification. This means that if the duration of the qualification is two years, then the learnership will last for that period of time.
What does a learner receive on completion?
During the learnership, learners will be required to complete assignments, tasks and practical tests and projects. They will be formally assessed in the classroom and workplace.
If all these assignments are completed successfully, they will be awarded an NQF-registered qualification, that is recognised nationally. They will receive a certificate stating the qualification and the area of skill development.
What is required to enter into a learnership?
If you are accepted you will need to sign two legal documents:
1. Learnership Agreement: this is an agreement signed by you, the organisation employing you, and the education and provider offering the theoretical training component of the learnership. This agreement clearly outlines the rights and responsibilities of all three parties.
2. Employment contract: this is a contract you will sign with the employ er, which is only valid for the time period of the learnership.
Will I get a job after completing the learnership?
Employment is not guaranteed, but once you have successfully completed your learnership, you will be in a much better position to market yourself as you will now have both work experience and theoretical training. You may also be in a better position to start your own business and generate an income that way.
Can a learnership be terminated ?
Yes, a learnership can be terminated under certain circumstances:
An employer can terminate the contract of a learnership if:
- The duration specified in the learnership agreement has expired;
- The employer and learner have agreed in writing to terminate the learnership agreement, or if there is no such agreement, the SETA t hat registered the agreement approves the termination; or
- The learner is fairly dismissed for a reason related to the learners conduct or capacity as an employee.
For more information, contact the SETA that manages the learnerships in the field in which you are interested.
Who is eligible for a learnership?
Learnerships are available for young people who have completed school, college or learning at other training institutions. You must be older than 16 and younger than 35 to be eligible for a learnership. Unemployed South Africans can only participate in a learnership if there is an employer prepared to provide the required work experience.
How to participate in a learnership?
By now you have already put some thought into your career path, and as a result you will be able to identify a learnership that will support your career goals.Your career path should be in fluenced by your interests, skills and strengths. The responsibility rests with you to investigate and research the different learnership options. You should find out as much as you can, including information on the criteria and requirements for entering a learnership.
What are the entry requirements?
Different learnerships have different entry requirements. We recommend that you contact the provider of the learnership for full details on the specific requirements for the learnership of your choice. For many learnerships, the minimum entry requirement is a National Senior Certificate or National Certificate: Vocational, but there may be more specific subject requirements or even skills requirements such as computer literacy.
What are the benefits for learners?
- You may have better employment opportunities after completing a learnership;
- You have a fixed-term employment contract for the duration of the learnership;
- Learnerships improve on the job performance so you are able to do things relevant to the job;
- You obtain a nationally-recognised qualification that is relevant to the sector; and
- You earn a learner allowance for the duration of the learnership.
How much does a learnership cost?
Learnerships are generally funded by a relevant SETA. Since the cost of learnerships varies across SETAs and types/levels of qualifications, you should contact the relevant SETA for more information.