We are aware at mytopschools.com that NAMPAK Learnerships 2023/2024 Dates, Requirements is been searched by several aspirants wanting to Sharpen their skills in South Africa as as well as related searches such as nampak careers, www.nampak.co.za vacancies 2023, nampak divfood vacancies, nampak login, nampak apprenticeship stipend, nampak hr contact details, neopak vacancies, learnerships 2023
Learnerships promote access to education and training, as they allow you to work and get started on your career while also studying for an educational qualification. SETAs oversee learnerships and ensure that they offer qualifications related to a specific occupation or sector of the economy. All 21 SETAs have developed NQF-aligned programmes that will help you gain recognised qualifications while getting on-the-job experience.SETAs manage the registration of learnerships in order to meet the skills development needs across the sectors.
How do learnerships work?
- 0.1 How do learnerships work?
- 0.2 Will the learner be paid?
- 0.3 How long does it ta ke to complete a learnership?
- 0.4 What does a learner receive on completion?
- 0.5 What is required to enter into a learnership?
- 0.6 Will I get a job after completing the learnership?
- 0.7 Can a learnership be terminated ?
- 0.8 Who is eligible for a learnership?
- 0.9 How to participate in a learnership?
- 0.10 What are the entry requirements?
- 0.11 What are the benefits for learners?
- 0.12 How much does a learnership cost?
- 1 NAMPAK Learnerships Available
- 2 NAMPAK Learnerships Requirements
- 3 Basic Requirement List:
- 4 NAMPAK Learnerships Application
- 5 NAMPAK Learnerships Closing Date
- 6 RELATED LEARNERSHIPS
- 7 RELATED BURSARIES
Learnerships require you to complete a theoretical course as well as practical training, which is done at a workplace, in order to graduate. The workplace component of the qualification involves hands-on, practical learning under the guidance of a mentor, while the theoretical component is provided by an education and training provider. Together they form an integrated and comprehensive learning programme.
Top Tip: The number of credits needed to graduate varies from learnership to learnership, so make sur e that you understand the minimum requirements if you want to complete a learnership. Find out from the relevant SETA.
Will the learner be paid?
There is a specified minimum learner allowance that must be paid to unemployed learners in a learnership. This is not a salary but covers expenses like travel and meals. Again, you should contact the relevant SETA for more information.
Note: The amount paid as a learner allowance depends on the SETA, type of learnership and the level of qualification. The allowances and conditions are agreed to with each learner before the commencement of the learnership.
How long does it ta ke to complete a learnership?
Learnerships will last as long as it takes to complete the qualification. This means that if the duration of the qualification is two years, then the learnership will last for that period of time.
What does a learner receive on completion?
During the learnership, learners will be required to complete assignments, tasks and practical tests and projects. They will be formally assessed in the classroom and workplace.
If all these assignments are completed successfully, they will be awarded an NQF-registered qualification, that is recognised nationally. They will receive a certificate stating the qualification and the area of skill development.
What is required to enter into a learnership?
If you are accepted you will need to sign two legal documents:
1. Learnership Agreement: this is an agreement signed by you, the organisation employing you, and the education and provider offering the theoretical training component of the learnership. This agreement clearly outlines the rights and responsibilities of all three parties.
2. Employment contract: this is a contract you will sign with the employ er, which is only valid for the time period of the learnership.
Will I get a job after completing the learnership?
Employment is not guaranteed, but once you have successfully completed your learnership, you will be in a much better position to market yourself as you will now have both work experience and theoretical training. You may also be in a better position to start your own business and generate an income that way.
Can a learnership be terminated ?
Yes, a learnership can be terminated under certain circumstances:
An employer can terminate the contract of a learnership if:
- The duration specified in the learnership agreement has expired;
- The employer and learner have agreed in writing to terminate the learnership agreement, or if there is no such agreement, the SETA t hat registered the agreement approves the termination; or
- The learner is fairly dismissed for a reason related to the learners conduct or capacity as an employee.
For more information, contact the SETA that manages the learnerships in the field in which you are interested.
Who is eligible for a learnership?
Learnerships are available for young people who have completed school, college or learning at other training institutions. You must be older than 16 and younger than 35 to be eligible for a learnership. Unemployed South Africans can only participate in a learnership if there is an employer prepared to provide the required work experience.
How to participate in a learnership?
By now you have already put some thought into your career path, and as a result you will be able to identify a learnership that will support your career goals.Your career path should be in fluenced by your interests, skills and strengths. The responsibility rests with you to investigate and research the different learnership options. You should find out as much as you can, including information on the criteria and requirements for entering a learnership.
What are the entry requirements?
Different learnerships have different entry requirements. We recommend that you contact the provider of the learnership for full details on the specific requirements for the learnership of your choice. For many learnerships, the minimum entry requirement is a National Senior Certificate or National Certificate: Vocational, but there may be more specific subject requirements or even skills requirements such as computer literacy.
What are the benefits for learners?
- You may have better employment opportunities after completing a learnership;
- You have a fixed-term employment contract for the duration of the learnership;
- Learnerships improve on the job performance so you are able to do things relevant to the job;
- You obtain a nationally-recognised qualification that is relevant to the sector; and
- You earn a learner allowance for the duration of the learnership.
How much does a learnership cost?
Learnerships are generally funded by a relevant SETA. Since the cost of learnerships varies across SETAs and types/levels of qualifications, you should contact the relevant SETA for more information.
As leaders in the packaging industry, NAMPAK learnerships are offered to the youth of South Africa. These learnerships include Engineering fields, Artisans, Office fields and more. If you love innovation and all forms of packaging, then this company may be ideal for you. They seek motivated individuals with a new outlook on life to learn from the best in each of their fields, assisting in sustainability.
This dynamic company has been around for more than 47 years and has operations throughout South Africa. This company has 28 operations in South Africa with 16 more sites throughout Africa, plus 8 more in the UK. This company is the leader in packaging solutions and offers a wide variety of paper, glass, plastic and metal packaging in their broad spectrum range. They aim to meet the needs of all their clients and offer specialized services, technical support and more. They manufacture packaging for many industries such a food products, medical packaging, toiletries, cosmetics, the tobacco industries and beverage markets.
This company has more than 6500 people who love to use their innovativeness to provide top of the range packaging solutions to all industries. Therefore, the company also believed in development and training and makes great programs available for students yearly. This is the reason why they spend more than R7 000 000 in 2015 on education. Yearly they have Recruitment drives at a variety of Universities but if you missed them you can still apply for a learnership with them as set out below.
NAMPAK Learnerships Available
NAMPAK offers a variety of learnership fields for successful candidates to consider. Due to the versatility of this company it has a range of fields to offer including office work, manufacturing and more. Below are some of the fields they offer.
Fields to Consider:
- Instrumentation Mechanics
- Logistics / Supply Chain
- Chemical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Business Systems
NAMPAK Learnerships Requirements
The requirements for each field made available by NAMPAK has many similarities. It is best for interested candidates to confirm they meet all requirements as stated on their website and the application before submitting the form. We have compiled a list of some of the basic requirements to be used as a guideline.
Basic Requirement List:
- Applicants must be a South African citizen with a legal ID document
- You are obligated to hold a legal Matric certification and a diploma or degree in the field of application
- Applicants must be proficient in the English language and have exceptional communication skills
- Must be driven, professional, ambitious and team-orientated
- Applicants must be computer knowledgeable with good analytical abilities
- Must be willing to work overtime and/or shifts when requested
- You must function well in a team and individually
NAMPAK Learnerships Application
NAMPAK learnership application online is made available to you on the NAMPAK Website. If you are interested in applying to their Graduate Program, you can do so via their Careers Page. By scrolling down on this page you can download the information brochure or apply. By clicking on the Apply button you will be redirected to the differently available opening within this company. Click on the name of the opportunity to open it for more information and to be able to apply. Their Graduate Development Program will have GDP before the position title. You must meet all requirements as set out by the company for each opportunity to be eligible.
Learnership programs offered by NAMPAK are for an 18-month period. Successful candidates will receive a monthly allowance but must provide their own accommodation, own food along with their own transport for the duration of their learnership. Applications received after the closing date, incomplete or missing any documentation will not be taken into consideration.
NAMPAK Learnerships Closing Date
They have a number of opportunities and these all have different dates for closing. Consequently, candidates can find some opportunities in the beginning of the year, the middle of the year and towards the end of the year. These programs will be posted on the company website as listed above.