We are aware at mytopschools.com that Anglo American Learnerships 2023/2024 Online Application Forms Dates, Requirements is been searched by several aspirants wanting to Sharpen their skills in South Africa as as well as related searches such as anglo american learnerships 2023, anglo american vacancies, anglo american learnerships kathu, anglo american mining learnership 2023, anglo american learnership 2023, mining learnerships in rustenburg, anglo american kumba iron ore learnerships, anglo platinum learnerships mogalakwena
A learnership is a work based learning programme that leads to an NQF registered qualification. Learnerships are directly related to an occupation or field of work, for example, electrical engineering, hairdressing or project management. Learnerships are managed by Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs). They were introduced by government to help skill learners and to prepare them for the workplace.Learnership programmes can help you to gain the necessary skills and workplace experience that will open up better employment or self employment opportunities.
Learnerships are based on legally binding agreement between an employer, a learner and a Training Provider. This agreement is intended to spell out the tasks and duties of the employer, the learner and the Training Provider. It is designed to ensure the quality of the training and to protect the interests of each party.A learnership requires that a learner enter into a fixed term employment contract with the company whilst studying towards a qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), which is in line with the learnership (the cost of the qualification falls to the Company). Once the qualification is completed, the learnership will also end.
Why are learnerships important?
Learnerships promote access to education and training, as they allow you to work and get started on your career while also studying for an educational qualification. SETAs oversee learnerships and ensure that they offer qualifications related to a specific occupation or sector of the economy. All 21 SETAs have developed NQF-aligned programmes that will help you gain recognised qualifications while getting on-the-job experience.SETAs manage the registration of learnerships in order to meet the skills development needs across the sectors.
How do learnerships work?
Learnerships require you to complete a theoretical course as well as practical training, which is done at a workplace, in order to graduate. The workplace component of the qualification involves hands-on, practical learning under the guidance of a mentor, while the theoretical component is provided by an education and training provider. Together they form an integrated and comprehensive learning programme.
Top Tip: The number of credits needed to graduate varies from learnership to learnership, so make sur e that you understand the minimum requirements if you want to complete a learnership. Find out from the relevant SETA.
Anglo American is one of the largest mining companies in the world, focusing on platinum group metals, nickel, diamonds, copper, metallurgical and thermal coal, and iron ore. The Anglo American Learnerships program provides gifted candidates with a great learning experience.
Anglo American South Africa has 76,000 permanent employees and 24,240 contractors making it the country’s largest private-sector employer.
Anglo American-controlled companies account for approximately 15% of the value of businesses listed on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange).
Anglo American South Africa believes in South Africa’s future and to this end, it aims to make a lasting contribution to the development of South Africa and its people. This is done in the form of annual bursaries and the Anglo American Learnerships program.
Anglo American offers people from different communities various learnership opportunities in different regions of South Africa. These Learnership form part of the government?s National Skills Development Strategy to create skills to ease poverty and unemployment as well as Anglo American’s own policies.
Anglo American learnership is open to those with the necessary qualification required as per the posted requirements for the learnership. There are various Anglo American learnerships offered for matriculants and graduates in the different sections of Anglo American. These learnerships consist of both theoretical and practical training.
Below is one of the Anglo American learnership programs
The following learnership opportunity offered by Anglo American Thermal Coal (South Africa) and is available at the Landau Colliery in Mpumalanga.
Anglo American Thermal Coal Learnership
This is outcomes-based learning, and the learnership is based on a legally binding contract between the learner, the employer, and the service provider.
This learnership in engineering covers the following fields: Auto Electrician, Fitter (including machining), Diesel Mechanic and Rigger.
Minimum Learnership Requirements:
- The applicant must be a South African citizen
- Applicants must have a good knowledge of regulations and safety systems and standards.
- The applicant must have a high regard for safety and have an excellent safety record
- Applicants must possess N2/N3 technical qualification with relevant subjects, i.e.:
- Auto Electrician (Science and Maths, Electro-technology/ Electrical Trade Theory or Industrial electronics)
- Diesel Mechanic (Diesel Trade Theory, Mathematics, Engineering Drawing, Science)
- Fitter, including machining (Science, Maths, Fitting, Engineering Drawing & Machining Trade theory)
- Rigger (Engineering Drawing, Maths, Rigger Trade Theory, Science)
- The applicant must be in possession of a valid driver?s license (K53 provincial) without having endorsements
- Applicants must be medically fit and be in possession of a valid Certificate of Fitness
- The applicant should have at least 1 year?s experience in the underground mining environment. This will be advantageous to him or her
- Applicants should be someone who is able to handle pressure, is a self-starter, and must be innovative
- The applicant should be aware of the fact that they must be willing to work in shifts, and be on standby and do call-outs when required
- If shortlisted for the learnership, the applicant must be willing to go for a psychometric assessment
The learnership contract is a legally binding contract and any irregularity or violation of the terms of the agreement will be dealt with in accordance with Sections 17 and 18 of the Skills Development Act, 97 of 1998.
Anglo American Learnership Application Process
In order to apply for the Anglo American Thermal Coal Learnership, you must complete an application form
- Applications are done online and can ONLY be done through the Anglo American job portal.
- You can access the application by clicking on this link, which will take you to the Anglo American Job Portal
- When applying for the learnership make sure that you specify the learnership post that you are applying for (e.g. Anglo American Thermal Coal Learnership: Kriel Colliery Ref )
- Make sure that you sign the application form yourself
- Attach certified copies of your certificates and Identity Document (these copies must have been certified within the last 3 months – you can get this done at any Police Station)
- Application forms that are late or unsigned will not be accepted
- Photocopied forms will not be accepted
- Faxed or emailed forms will not be accepted
- Applications that have not been responded to within 30 days of the closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful. Only shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview
Remember that during your workplace training you will be responsible for your own accommodation, transport, and meal costs. It is therefore suggested that you apply for a learnership in the Region or Management Area closest to where you live.
Anglo American Learnership Information
Applications for various learnerships will open throughout the year. You can keep checking whether there are any learnerships open for applications by checking the Anglo American website.
Anglo American offers various other learnerships and opportunities in different regions throughout South Africa, at different times of the year, in which you may be interested.
- Fitting and Machining
- Diesel Mechanics
- Instrument Mechancians
You can find out more information from the Anglo American Website by checking the Anglo American Careers Portal.
Will the learner be paid?
There is a specified minimum learner allowance that must be paid to unemployed learners in a learnership. This is not a salary but covers expenses like travel and meals. Again, you should contact the relevant SETA for more information.
Note: The amount paid as a learner allowance depends on the SETA, type of learnership and the level of qualification. The allowances and conditions are agreed to with each learner before the commencement of the learnership.
How long does it ta ke to complete a learnership?
Learnerships will last as long as it takes to complete the qualification. This means that if the duration of the qualification is two years, then the learnership will last for that period of time.
What does a learner receive on completion?
During the learnership, learners will be required to complete assignments, tasks and practical tests and projects. They will be formally assessed in the classroom and workplace.
If all these assignments are completed successfully, they will be awarded an NQF-registered qualification, that is recognised nationally. They will receive a certificate stating the qualification and the area of skill development.
What is required to enter into a learnership?
If you are accepted you will need to sign two legal documents:
1. Learnership Agreement: this is an agreement signed by you, the organisation employing you, and the education and provider offering the theoretical training component of the learnership. This agreement clearly outlines the rights and responsibilities of all three parties.
2. Employment contract: this is a contract you will sign with the employ er, which is only valid for the time period of the learnership.
Will I get a job after completing the learnership?
Employment is not guaranteed, but once you have successfully completed your learnership, you will be in a much better position to market yourself as you will now have both work experience and theoretical training. You may also be in a better position to start your own business and generate an income that way.
Can a learnership be terminated ?
Yes, a learnership can be terminated under certain circumstances:
An employer can terminate the contract of a learnership if:
- The duration specified in the learnership agreement has expired;
- The employer and learner have agreed in writing to terminate the learnership agreement, or if there is no such agreement, the SETA t hat registered the agreement approves the termination; or
- The learner is fairly dismissed for a reason related to the learners conduct or capacity as an employee.
For more information, contact the SETA that manages the learnerships in the field in which you are interested.
Who is eligible for a learnership?
Learnerships are available for young people who have completed school, college or learning at other training institutions. You must be older than 16 and younger than 35 to be eligible for a learnership. Unemployed South Africans can only participate in a learnership if there is an employer prepared to provide the required work experience.
How to participate in a learnership?
By now you have already put some thought into your career path, and as a result you will be able to identify a learnership that will support your career goals.Your career path should be in fluenced by your interests, skills and strengths. The responsibility rests with you to investigate and research the different learnership options. You should find out as much as you can, including information on the criteria and requirements for entering a learnership.
What are the entry requirements?
Different learnerships have different entry requirements. We recommend that you contact the provider of the learnership for full details on the specific requirements for the learnership of your choice. For many learnerships, the minimum entry requirement is a National Senior Certificate or National Certificate: Vocational, but there may be more specific subject requirements or even skills requirements such as computer literacy.
What are the benefits for learners?
- You may have better employment opportunities after completing a learnership;
- You have a fixed-term employment contract for the duration of the learnership;
- Learnerships improve on the job performance so you are able to do things relevant to the job;
- You obtain a nationally-recognised qualification that is relevant to the sector; and
- You earn a learner allowance for the duration of the learnership.
How much does a learnership cost?
Learnerships are generally funded by a relevant SETA. Since the cost of learnerships varies across SETAs and types/levels of qualifications, you should contact the relevant SETA for more information.
Anglo American Learnerships Programme
BANKSETA Learnerships Programme
Correctional Services Learnership Programme
Discovery Learnerships Programme
Ekurhuleni Metro Police Learnerships
FNB First National Bank Learnerships
Implats Impala Platinum Learnerships
National Treasury Learnerships
NYDA National Youth Development Agency Learnerships
South African Police Service (SAPS) Learnerships
Transnet Learnership Programme
Department of Health Polokwane Learnerships
Department of Higher Education Learnerships
Department of Home Affairs Learnerships
Department of Defense Learnerships
Department of Agriculture, Forestry & Fishery Learnerships
Department of Labour Learnerships
Department of Environmental Affairs Learnerships
Department of Education Learnerships
Department of Health North West Learnerships
Department of Health Kwa Zulu Natal Learnerships
Department of Public Works Learnerships
Information & Communication Technology Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Finance Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Health Science Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Government Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Medicine Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Business Management Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Teaching Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Sport Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Geology Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Bsc Chemistry Bursaries In SA & How to Get Successful Getting One
Nature Conservation Bursaries & How to get Successful Winning One
Law Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Physics Bursaries & How to Get One Successfully
Physiotherapy Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Human Resources Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Nursing Bursaries In SA & How to Get Successful Winning One
Bursaries for Speech & Language Therapy 2 & How to Win One Easily
Engineering Bursaries & How To Get Successful Applying
Civil Engineering Bursaries & How to Easily Win The Bursary Awards
Mining Engineering Bursaries & How to Apply Successfully
Film & Media Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Journalism Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Commerce Bursaries 2 & How to Get Successful Winning one
Economics Bursaries & How to Get Successful Winning One
Tshegofatso Oss says
Am interested in any mining related leadership it can be mechanical , fitter or even electricity in the northern cape province.
Tshegofatso Oss says
Hope to hear from you very soon!
am interested in leanership program, in fitting and turning i an around witbank (Emalahleni)