It is a known fact that the number of nursing applicants yearly is on the rise.
Nursing is one of the most loved courses in the world and Nurses are the most caring of health care professionals.
Therefore, getting a Job as a nurse is no small feat as you would have already go through a lot of Exams and evidently performed well to be entertained or afforded the chance.
Nonetheless, going to a reputable institution of learning will relieve you of so many stress and that’s why we are talking about this institution
About South African Nursing Council
- In the Republic of South Africa, the South African Nursing Council is in charge of establishing and maintaining nursing education and practice standards. The Nursing Act of 1944 (Act No. 45 of 1944) established it as a self-governing, financially self-sufficient statutory entity, which is now governed by the Nursing Act of 2005. (2005 Act No. 33).
- Under Section 3 of the Nursing Act, 2005, the Nursing Council is responsible for developing, improving, and controlling conditions, standards, and quality of nursing education and training.
- Section 4 of the Nursing Act governs nursing education institution accreditation and inspection, as well as the monitoring of assessments performed by certified institutions, the administration of nursing examinations, and the granting of degrees and certificates.
- Section 58(1)(f) of the Nursing Act of 2005 allows for the development of regulations controlling qualifications and requirements that must be met before a person can be registered as a nursing practitioner (education and training regulations).
Schedule of Post Graduate Diploma
The following qualifiers of the Postgraduate Diploma are reflected as approved by the Nursing Council:
- Child Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing (Adult)
- Critical Care Nursing (Child)
- Emergency Nursing
- Forensic Nursing
- Infection Prevention and Control Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Nephrology Nursing
- Occupational Health Nursing
- Oncology and Palliative Nursing
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Orthopaedic Nursing
- Perioperative Nursing
- Primary Care Nursing
- Health Services Management
- Nursing Education
The Nursing Education Institutions are therefore expected to submit their programs in line with the above.
South African Nursing Council admission form
Access the admission forms on the official website of the council
How to apply
- Visit https://www.sanc.co.za/education-and-training/ for further information. and sign up for a myNSFAS account.
- When creating an account, you must provide the following data: username, password, ID number, cellphone number, and email address.
- Then, using the username and password you provided, log in.
- Click the “apply” button to finish the application process.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “South African Nursing Council admission form 2023/2024”.
Thanks For Reading