We are aware at mytopschools.com that Amezcua Family Scholarship 2023/2024 is been searched by several aspirants wanting to further their nursing education through Scholarship opportunities in the United states
It is no longer news that nursing is by far the hottest courses right now to Study anywhere you are in the World. The statistics of students opting to study Nurse has long shot up because of not only the relevance of the course but for also the way nurses are loved over the world and not to forget the fact that nurses are well paid.
According to Wikipedia, nursing is a profession within the health care sector focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life.
Likewise, they take on vital roles of education, assessing situations, as support. Nurses may be differentiated from other health care providers by their approach to patient care, training, and scope of practice.
Nurses practice in many specialties with differing levels of prescription authority. Nurses comprise the largest component of most healthcare environments; but there is evidence of international shortages of qualified nurses.
Many nurses provide care within the ordering scope of physicians, and this traditional role has shaped the public image of nurses as care providers. Nurse practitioners are nurses with a graduate degree in advanced practice nursing.
They are however permitted by most jurisdictions to practice independently in a variety of settings. Since the postwar period, nurse education has undergone a process of diversification towards advanced and specialized credentials, and many of the traditional regulations and provider roles are changing.
Nurses develop a plan of care, working collaboratively with physicians, therapists, the patient, the patient’s family, and other team members that focuses on treating illness to improve quality of life.
In the United Kingdom and the United States, clinical nurse specialists and nurse practitioners, diagnose health problems and prescribe the correct medications and other therapies, depending on particular state regulations.
Nurses may help coordinate the patient care performed by other members of a multidisciplinary health care team such as therapists, medical practitioners, and dietitians. Nurses provide care both interdependently, for example, with physicians, and independently as nursing professionals. In addition to providing care and support, nurses educate the public, and promote health and wellness
About the Scholarship
The high school students who belong to or active in serving the Hispanic community are awarded the Amezcua Family Scholarship in order to support and encourage the students from underrepresented communities to pursue higher education.
The scholarship program is awarded to students by the Great Minds in STEM (GMIS) who are pursuing a degree program in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) based on the academic achievements, leadership skills and involvement in community service.
Amezcua Family Scholarship Awards
- The scholarship is a merit-based financial assistance program that offers amounts ranging from $500 to $10000.
- The number of awards and the scholarship amount available varies every year depending on the funding received by the organization.
- The students must be enrolled in an accredited university or college for an undergraduate or graduate degree program in STEM-related field.
Amezcua Family Scholarship Application
The applicants must be eligible according to the criteria set by the organization to be a recipient of the scholarship program.
The application must consist of the following documents to be considered:
- The application form.
- A personal statement based on the topic prompted by the organization.
- A resume.
- Two letters of recommendation, from a peer and a faculty member.
- An official high school or college transcript sealed by the institution.
- A self-photo of the applicant.
Amezcua Family Scholarship Application Deadline
The application including the required documents must be submitted online on the official website of the organization before April 1st without fail. Applications received past the deadline or incomplete applications are considered invalid.
- The applicant must have a Hispanic origin.
- The applicant must be enrolled in an accredited 2-year or 4-year institution in the U.S territories for an undergraduate or graduate program.
- The student should have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The student should be enrolled in the University of Texas at El Paso.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Amezcua Family Scholarship 2023/2024”.
Thanks For Reading