It is a known fact that the number of nursing applicants yearly is on the rise.
Nursing is one of the most loved courses in the world and Nurses are the most caring of health care professionals.
Therefore, getting a Job as a nurse is no small feat as you would have already go through a lot of Exams and evidently performed well to be entertained or afforded the chance.
Nonetheless, going to a reputable institution of learning will relieve you of so many stress and that’s why we are talking about this institution
- The Madwaleni hospital was founded by Dutch Reformed Missionaries in 1959, and the South African government’s Department of Health took over in 1976. Batho Pele, which means “People First,” is the hospital’s core policy, which is followed by the hospital’s management team and workers in support of the patient’s right charter.
- The Madwaleni Hospital is a primary care facility that serves the residents of Amathole’s Mbashe sub-district, which has a population of 262 000 people and is the country’s sixth poorest. Maternity, Paediatrics, Female General, Male General, Isolation (Mdr)and outreach program (High care HIV), TB Female, and TB Male are among the 180 beds available for in-patients.
- The hospital departments include Emergency Department, Paediatric ward, Maternity ward, Obstetrics, Gynaecology Services, Out Patients Department, Surgical Services, Medical Services, Operating Theatre & CSSD Services, Pharmacy, Anti-Retroviral (ARV) treatment for HIV/AIDS, Post Trauma Counseling Services, Dentistry, Physiotherapy, Occupational Services, Laboratory Services, X-Ray Services, Laundry Services and Kitchen Services.
Madwaleni Hospital Nursing entry requirements
For admission to higher certificate or diploma programs, prospective students must achieve the statutory minimum requirements based on the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent school leaving certificate, as well as the candidate’s educational certificate.
- Levels/symbols attained in Grade 12 June/September examinations or evidence that study leave is being processed by the current employer will be used to determine provisional admission. However, acceptance to Madwaleni Hospital Nursing School will be contingent on final Grade 12 results, confirmation that the applicant has been granted study leave by their employer, and that they have not yet reached the pensionable age (55-60) applicable to all college programs.
- There are specific requirements for all specific programs. The Admission Point System (APS) is used to assign point values to NSC subjects or other courses.
Admission Point System
Courses the school offers
|To Be Advised|
|To Be Advised|
|Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and Midwifery: R174||4 years|
How to apply
- Go to the school’s website
- In the link texts, look for the one that has to do with applying.
- Simply click on it to start your application
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Madwaleni Hospital Nursing requirements 2023/2024”.
Thanks For Reading