We are aware at mytopschools.com that Highest Paying Part-time jobs in USA 2023/2024 for international students has been searched by several individuals as well as on-campus jobs for international students, on-campus jobs in usa, how much an international student can earn in usa per month, online jobs for international students in usa, highest paying part-time jobs for students, off-campus jobs for international students in usa, best part-time jobs in usa, part-time jobs in new york city for international students
Earning money while you’re in college is of utmost importance. It helps you pay your bills, funds your weekend outings, and save extra cash. Don’t believe it? Most universities permit their students to work part-time for 20 hours a week, allowing them to earn while they study. And if you’re going to do a part-time job, why not do one that pays better than most? Here are 10 of the best-paying part-time jobs for students you should consider!
You can make the most of your academic knowledge by becoming a tutor. Either fellow college students or kids in the lower grades are always looking for tutors to help them with specific subjects.
Tutoring is also one of the best part-time jobs you can do from home. It pays well and lets you work on your terms.
- Average salary– $13-25 per hour
- Job description– There is no hard and fast job description for tutors. You can render your teaching services to your fellow students online in peer tutoring. You also can get into home-school programs to teach K-12 students.
- Skills/Materials required- You need to have a good command of the subjects you want to teach. You will need a desktop/laptop and a good internet connection for teaching online courses.
If you think teaching is not your forte, then bartending or even working in the hospitality industry can be a really good alternative.
The nature of the job is such that it suits your college timings and pays a very decent hourly wage, making it one of the easiest and best-paying part-time jobs for students.
- Average salary– $11-20 per hour
- Job description– This job requires a friendly demeanor to ensure top-level customer service. You also need to be mindful of the cleanliness of the bar area. Sometimes, you may also need to maintain the cash register.
- Skills/Materials required– In some places, you may require a server certification to work as a bartender. The certification is easy to get and can increase your prospects of getting a better hourly wage.
If you are good with numbers, bookkeeping is a great part-time job for students like you. Many small firms can’t afford to hire full-time accountants and need part-timers who can maintain their ledgers.
Some employers will even let you work on weekends if you want to, which is rarely allowed when you’re studying abroad.
- Average salary– $15-20 per hour
- Job description– A part-time bookkeeper should know how to enter data in the balance sheet and maintain a streamlined record of bank deposits and other financial reports.
- Skills/Materials required– An undergrad background in accounting and finance will help you secure a bookkeeping gig.
If you are an extrovert who enjoys public interaction, this side-hustle is pitch-perfect.
Being a brand promoter and ambassador will also prove a great learning curve if you complete your college degree in marketing, sales, or other similar subjects.
- Average salary– $20-25 per hour
- Job description– You will personify the brand’s image and message with your appearance and communication. Distribution of coupons, flyers, and free samples is also part of some brand promotions.
- Skills/Materials required– You need to be talkative and patient.
Data entry might not be the best paying part-time job for college students, but it is the easiest gig to pull off. If you cannot think of any exceptional skills, you might have, or if you don’t want to take up any high-responsibility part-time jobs, then a part-time data entry job is the way for you.
It’s so simple that you can just carry it out from your dorm room and submit your work online. It’s recommended that you conduct all this business on online platforms to ensure safe payments and good quality of work.
- Average salary– $10-15 per hour
- Job description– You need to insert data (numeric, alphabetic) from one document to another or a database.
- Skills/Materials required– A computer, good internet connection, and good typing speed are all that it takes to become eligible for a data entry job.
A virtual recruiter is a liaison between an employer and a potential employee.
Virtual recruiters are also called ‘headhunters’ for their work, which includes contacting several professionals and setting up/conducting initial interviews between organizations and the candidates.
- Average salary– $20-30 per hour
- Job description– While working this part-time job as a student, you will have to do job posting, resume screening, shortlist candidates, etc. You may also need to conduct preliminary interviews and salary negotiations in some cases.
- Skills/Materials required– Good communication skills and the know-how of the given industry are required.
Highest Paying Part-time jobs in USA for international students Mail delivery
You need to deliver postal mail in certain zip codes. It is one of the few high-paying part-time jobs for students that don’t mind roaming a bit as a part of their job description.
Moreover, it’s a great option if you don’t want to mentally focus on anything except studies. All you have to do is devote some part of your day to delivering mail in your designated area.
- Average salary– $15-20 per hour
- Job description– You will need to deliver and retrieve incoming and outgoing mails and packages. You will also need to register return mails and failed delivery attempts.
- Skills/Materials required- A vehicle, or you will need to pass an easy postal exam in some places.
This is another good part-time job for extrovert students. Every city has some spots or landmarks that receive tourists of all kinds that tourists want to see.
Ensuring a pleasant customer experience by being open, communicative, and friendly is of the utmost importance when working as a tour guide. However, these jobs are also seasonal in nature with specific visiting hours.
- Average salary– $10-15 per hour
- Job description– You will need to guide a group of people to specific locations in line with the guidelines of the tour company you are working with.
- Skills/Materials required– Having a built-in friendly demeanor and networking talent can make you a better candidate for a tour guide.
Freelance writing/editing/proofreading are some of the best paying part-time work from home jobs. As international students, you will already have a good command of written language, and you can put it to good use as a freelance writer, proofreader, or editor.
It is also one of the most flexible and best-paying part-time jobs for college students. You can do it at any time of the day, in any corner of the world, all at your own convenience. Win-win, right?
- Average salary– $20-25 per hour, Up to $50 per article
- Job description– You will need to write/edit/proofread articles, blogs, resumes, project summaries, and other similar stuff where the correctness of language matters the most.
- Skills/Materials required– Good command of grammar and syntax is a must for those working as a freelance writer or editor.
Highest Paying Part-time jobs in USA for international students | Dog walker
Canine enthusiasts assemble! As a dog lover, you can’t find better high-paying part-time jobs for students than strolling in gardens with your favorite pets.
Many seniors or busy families need younger folks to walk their active dog breeds for them.
- Average salary– $10-18 per hour
- Job description– You need to safely transport the dog to and from their homes. During the walk, you should be able to tell if a dog is hungry or need an emergency veterinary checkup.
- Skills/Materials required– Petting dogs in the past can land you the job of a dog walker.
- Yes, getting one of the best-paying part-time jobs will help you offset your expenses. But imagine working part-time in a field relevant to the course you are studying! That will also help you increase your prospects of getting a job after graduation. So why not go for it?
- It’s easy to believe that getting a part-time job is easy. But a good profile and some previous experience in the field will greatly improve your chances of bagging a part-time job.
- One of the key things you should focus on while working part-time is networking. Meet people, build connections, and surround yourself with people who will always help you with your career.
- If you don’t get a part-time job, don’t worry. There are many more ways of managing finances as an international student, like scholarships, graduate or teaching assistantships, loans, etc.
- Lastly, if you feel stuck or have any doubts, please reach out to us or drop a comment below. We’d be very happy to help!
Question 1: Do students’ experience in part-time jobs count while applying for a full-time job?
Answer: As a matter of fact, many organizations look for candidates who have some experience working in the industry. It shows your passion and willingness to learn. So yes, having an experience in part-time jobs counts when applying for a full-time job.
Question 2: What are some other part-time jobs for students?
Answer: In addition to the mentioned ones, some other part-time jobs for students include graphic designing, library assistant, sales executive, and telemarketing at BPOs.
Question 3: What factors to consider while applying for part-time jobs?
Answer: As part-time jobs are for students, it is quintessential to consider your schedule while applying. You have to keep your college timings, assignments, and other such factors in mind while applying for part-time jobs.