We are aware at mytopschools.com that Alabama State University Admissions 2023/2024 : Cost, Acceptance Rate, Deadlines, Requirements & Application Process has been searched by several individuals as well as alabama state university admissions requirements, alabama state university admissions contact, alabama state university admissions email, alabama state university admission requirements for international students, alabama state university admissions office, alabama state university application deadline, alabama state university application status, alabama state university acceptance rate
Alabama State University is a widely reputed institution of the US Education System. It offers admission to 50 undergraduate programs along with master’s, doctoral degrees. The acceptance rate is 98% which means it’s easier to make it through. However the enrollment rate is only 14%. Currently the student population at the institute is 4,413 (3,903 being undergrads).
Admissions at Alabama State University are done on a sliding scale where academic records are every important parameter. International students looking forward to applying must note that the institute accepts only TOEFL scores for English language proficiency proof. It is of utmost importance to submit the documents on time to avoid rejection or delay in processing.
- The office of admission must receive the application, deposit, transcript, and ACT/SAT scores by May 10 for Summer Semester and July 30 for Fall Semester
- All the transcripts should be evaluated and translated into the English language.
- I-20 form will be issued only after the Admission letter has been given to the student.
- The students must submit all the application requirements via email or send them to the Admission office.
- The institute accepts only the scores of TOEFL as English proficiency proof.
|Mode of Application
|Undergraduate, Graduate, and Doctoral.
|30 USD for undergraduates and 49 USD for graduates
|English Language Proficiency
|TOEFL score recommended
|Summer, Spring, Fall
Alabama State University Admission Deadlines
The university offers a range of courses for international students. The following table shows the deadlines for applications to be submitted:
|Fall Semester (Begins in August)
|Spring Semester (Begins in January)
|Summer Term (Begins in June)
Alabama State University International Student Admissions
Application portal: The ambitious students have to apply on the ASU Application Portal.
Application fee: 30 USD for undergraduates and 49 USD for graduates.
- Apply and submit an application on the admission portal.
- Submit the following documents:
The office of admission must receive the application, deposit, transcript and ACT/SAT scores by May 10 for Summer Semester and 30th July for Fall Semester. Transcripts must be translated in English if in any other language and sent to Lisano International ([email protected]) or World Education services
Note: (International Students are eligible for academic scholarships to study in the USA, not financial aids)
English Proficiency Test scores
Students aspiring admission also have to fulfill language requirements to test their skills and English proficiency by submitting test scores like TOEFL, IELTS etc. Some acceptable tears with their corresponding scores are as follows:
Visa Process for International Students
- The University will issue I-20 form after the student has been offered Admissions and Admission letter has been given.
- One the form is issued, the students may apply for the Visa to Study in the USA. The documents required are an Admission letter from the institute, Financial Support proof, affidavit of support.
- The student will have to pay a SEVIS fee of 350 USD.
- For those who wish to get sponsorship from the University, meeting deadlines is a must.
Alabama State University Undergraduate Admissions
Application portal: The students have to apply on the ASU Application Portal.
Application fee: 25 USD for domestic students and 30 USD for international students
- Apply through the official application, online or offline
- Send all documents to the Office of Admissions
- Submit an application fee
- Copy of High school transcript
- ACT/SAT scored.
- English Language Proficiency Test scores.
Alabama State University also has provisions for a special admission where one can attend classes without getting a degree.
Applicants need to score either a high GPA or a high score in ACT/SAT examination. The following table gives an idea:
|3.50 OR higher
Alabama State University Graduate admissions
Application portal: The applicants have to apply on the GradCAS Portal.
Application fee: 49 USD (non-refundable)
Basic Application Requirements:
- GRE/MAT test scores.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities
- Letters of recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose.
- English Language Proficiency Test scores.
- Affidavit of support
The table below mentions the course-specific requirements for Graduate Admissions.
|Education Specialist in Teacher Leadership
|MS in Forensic Science
|Masters of Accountancy
|GRE or GMAT scores
|GRE required (300 minimum score)
|GMAT required (400 minimum score)
|Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, forensic chemistry or biology-related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0.
|Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute with a minimum GPA of 2.75.
|Masters level professional certificate in any teaching field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in an undergraduate course.
|Letter of recommendation
|Required (3 letters)
|3 years experience required
Alabama State University has a diverse and safe environment with students coming from over 40 states in order to study in the USA. Moreover, they offer an exciting campus life with more than 70 student clubs and organizations and several teams participating in 18 collegiate sports. Admissions are offered in spring, summer, and fall seasons. The process is entirely online and easy for international students.
A strongly worded resume, statement of purpose, and recommendations are mandatory. The deadlines are up in the face, students are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Standardized examinations like the ACT and SAT are mandatory. Non-natives also are required to give an English proficiency exam, TOEFL is recommended for Alabama. Minimum TOEFL scores accepted are given in the article above.