JAMB Subject Combination for Wildlife Management
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Wildlife Management then you are not alone.
Wildlife management is the management process influencing interactions among and between wildlife, its habitats and people to achieve predefined impacts.It attempts to balance the needs of wildlife with the needs of people using the best available science. Wildlife management can include wildlife conservation, gamekeeping and pest control. Wildlife management draws on disciplines such as mathematics, chemistry, biology, ecology, climatology and geography to gain the best results.
Wildlife management aims to halt the loss in the Earth’s biodiversity,by taking into consideration ecological principles such as carrying capacity, disturbance and succession, and environmental conditions such as physical geography, pedology and hydrology.Most wildlife biologists are concerned with the conservation and improvement of habitats; although rewilding is increasingly being undertaken. Techniques can include reforestation, pest control, nitrification and denitrification, irrigation, coppicing and hedge laying.
Gamekeeping is the management or control of wildlife for the well-being of game and may include the killing of other animals which share the same niche or predators to maintain a high population of more profitable species, such as pheasants introduced into woodland. In his 1933 book Game Management, Aldo Leopold, one of the pioneers of wildlife management as a science, defined it as “the art of making land produce sustained annual crops of wild game for recreational use”.
Pest control is the control of real or perceived pests and can be used for the benefit of wildlife, farmers, gamekeepers or human safety. In the United States, wildlife management practices are often implemented by a governmental agency to uphold a law, such as the Endangered Species Act.
In the United Kingdom, wildlife management is undertaken by several organizations including government bodies such as the Forestry Commission, Charities such as the RSPB and The Wildlife Trusts and privately hired gamekeepers and contractors. Legislation has also been passed to protect wildlife such as the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. The UK government also give farmers subsidies through the Countryside Stewardship Scheme to improve the conservation value of their farms.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Wildlife Management is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Wildlife Management O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Wildlife Management Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Wildlife Management UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Wildlife Management.
Please read the Wildlife Management programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Wildlife Management
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Wildlife Management
Direct Entry Requirement for Wildlife Management:
- i. Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agricultural Science/Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Economics and Health Science.
- ii. Accepts Forestry Assistant Certificate from IITA, Ibadan or any other recognised Institution.
UTME Requirement for Wildlife Management:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and one of Geography, Physics and Economics.
UTME Subject combination for Wildlife Management:
- Chemistry, Biology/ Agricultural Science plus Mathematics or Physics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Wildlife Management. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Wildlife Management”.
Thanks For Visiting