JAMB Subject Combination for Mathematics And Economics
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Mathematics And Economics
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Mathematics And Economics then you are not alone.
Mathematical economics is the application of mathematical methods to represent theories and analyze problems in economics. By convention, these applied methods are beyond simple geometry, such as differential and integral calculus, difference and differential equations, matrix algebra, mathematical programming, and other computational methods. Proponents of this approach claim that it allows the formulation of theoretical relationships with rigor, generality, and simplicity.
Mathematics allows economists to form meaningful, testable propositions about wide-ranging and complex subjects which could less easily be expressed informally. Further, the language of mathematics allows economists to make specific, positive claims about controversial or contentious subjects that would be impossible without mathematics. Much of economic theory is currently presented in terms of mathematical economic models, a set of stylized and simplified mathematical relationships asserted to clarify assumptions and implications.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics And Economics is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Mathematics And Economics O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Mathematics And Economics Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Mathematics And Economics UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Mathematics And Economics.
Please read the Mathematics And Economics programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Mathematics And Economics
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Mathematics And Economics
Direct Entry Requirement for Mathematics And Economics:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes at not more than two (2) sittings. The subjects should include Mathematics and Economics.
- (ii) ND upper credit in Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Accounting or Business Studies from a recognised Polytechnic or College of Technology.
- (iii) HND lower credit in Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Accounting or Business Studies from a recognised Polytechnic or College of Technology.
- (iv) NCE credit in Mathematics and Economics from a recognised College of Education. In addition candidates should have merit.
UTME Requirement for Mathematics And Economics:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other two (2) subjects selected from Science or Social Sciences at not more than two (2)sittings.
UTME Subject combination for Mathematics And Economics:
- Mathematics, Economics and any other Science or Social Science subject.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Mathematics And Economics. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Mathematics And Economics”.
Thanks For Visiting