JAMB Subject Combination for Architecture
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Architecture then you are not alone.
Architecture (Latin architectura, from the Greek ἀρχιτέκτων arkhitekton “architect”, from ἀρχι- “chief” and τέκτων “creator”) is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings or other structures. Architectural works, in the material form of buildings, are often perceived as cultural symbols and as works of art. Historical civilizations are often identified with their surviving architectural achievements.
The practice, which began in the prehistoric era, has been used as a way of expressing culture for civilizations on all seven continents. For this reason, architecture is considered to be a form of art. Texts on architecture have been written since ancient time. The earliest surviving text on architectural theory is the 1st century AD treatise De architectura by the Roman architect Vitruvius, according to whom a good building embodies firmitas, utilitas, and venustas (durability, utility, and beauty). Centuries later, Leon Battista Alberti developed his ideas further, seeing beauty as an objective quality of buildings to be found in their proportions.
Giorgio Vasari wrote Lives of the Most Excellent Painters, Sculptors, and Architects and put forward the idea of style in the Western arts in the 16th century. In the 19th century, Louis Sullivan declared that “form follows function“. “Function” began to replace the classical “utility” and was understood to include not only practical but also aesthetic, psychological and cultural dimensions. The idea of sustainable architecture was introduced in the late 20th century.
Architecture began as rural, oral vernacular architecture that developed from trial and error to successful replication. Ancient urban architecture was preoccupied with building religious structures and buildings symbolizing the political power of rulers until Greek and Roman architecture shifted focus to civic virtues. Indian and Chinese architecture influenced forms all over Asia and Buddhist architecture in particular took diverse local flavors.
During the European Middle Ages, pan-European styles of Romanesque and Gothic cathedrals and abbeys emerged while the Renaissance favored Classical forms implemented by architects known by name. Later, the roles of architects and engineers became separated. Modern architecture began after World War I as an avant-garde movement that sought to develop a completely new style appropriate for a new post-war social and economic order focused on meeting the needs of the middle and working classes.
Emphasis was put on modern techniques, materials, and simplified geometric forms, paving the way for high-rise superstructures. Many architects became disillusioned with modernism which they perceived as ahistorical and anti-aesthetic, and postmodern and contemporary architecture developed.
Over the years, the field of architectural construction has branched out to include everything from ship design to interior decorating.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Architecture O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Architecture Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Architecture UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Architecture.
Please read the Architecture programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Architecture
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – AJAYI
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – BAZE
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE – BELLS
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- CALEB UNIVERSITY, IMOTA, LAGOS STATE – CALEB
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY, AMORJI-NIKE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – CARITAS
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE – COVENANT
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE – CRUTECH
- CRESCENT UNIVERSITY, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – CUAB
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, BIRNIN-KEBBI, KEBBI STATE – FED-KEBBI
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE – FUTA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE – JABU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KADUNA POLYTECHNIC (AFFILIATED TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA) – KADPOLY-ABU
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – KUST
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – LCITY
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE – MINNA
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- TANSIAN UNIVERSITY, OBA, ANAMBRA STATE – TANSIAN
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Architecture
Direct Entry Requirement for Architecture:
(i) Two (2) A Level passes chosen from Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry, Geography or Fine Arts.
(ii) ND/HND upper credits in relevant field.
UTME Requirement for Architecture:
Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any of Fine Art, Geography or Wood Work, Biology, Economics, Technical Drawing, Further. Mathematics., Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Block laying, Concreting, Wall, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentary, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign and Design, Wall Hanging , Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity.
UTME Subject combination for Architecture:
Physics, Mathematics, and any of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology and Economics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Architecture. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Architecture ”.
Thanks For Visiting