JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Economics
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Economics then you are not alone.
Agricultural economics is an applied field of economics concerned with the application of economic theory in optimizing the production and distribution of food and fiber. Agricultural economics began as a branch of economics that specifically dealt with land usage, it focused on maximizing the crop yield while maintaining a good soil ecosystem.
Throughout the 20th century the discipline expanded and the current scope of the discipline is much broader. Agricultural economics today includes a variety of applied areas, having considerable overlap with conventional economics. Agricultural economists have made substantial contributions to research in economics, econometrics, development economics, and environmental economics. Agricultural economics influences food policy, agricultural policy, and environmental policy.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Economics is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Why Study Agricultural Economics? Agricultural Economics is a specialization within the discipline of agricultural sciences, which studies the area of economics of agricultural production, industry of agricultural inputs and food industry, services in rural areas and agricultural and rural policy. The study of Agricultural Economics trains experts for the work on agricultural farms and cooperatives, extension services, and other public services.
This page provides the following:
- Agricultural Economics O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Agricultural Economics Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Agricultural Economics UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Agricultural Economics.
Please read the Agricultural Economics programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Agricultural Economics
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE – LANDMARK
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Agricultural Economics
Direct Entry Requirement for Agricultural Economics:
Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agricultural Science/Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Economics and Health Science.
UTME Requirement for Agricultural Economics:
Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and one of Geography, Physics and Economics.
UTME Subject combination for Agricultural Economics:
Chemistry, Biology/ Agricultural Science and Mathematics or Physics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Agricultural Economics. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Economics”.
Thanks For Visiting