Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf
We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf, https www westerncape gov za treasury bursaries bursary application, eastern cape provincial treasury bursaries, government bursaries, western cape bursaries, bursaries for government employees, city of cape town bursaries, western cape department of health bursaries 2020, provincial government bursaries and we have take it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2020/2021.
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary
The Western Cape Government is responsible for provides services and creating laws for the people residing in its province. They work hand-in-hand with Western Cape municipalities and the national government to ensure that their citizens have access to information, facilities and services.
The Western Cape Provincial Treasury provide the province with strategic financial leadership and are a major role player in achieving the desired socio-economic and governance outcomes of the province. Their vision is good financial governance by way of enabling quality service delivery through partnerships; improving accountability and oversight; capacity building within the public sector finance and creating public value.
Fields Covered & Coverage Value
The Western Cape Government Provincial Treasury established the external bursary programme in 2008 as a way to help disadvantaged students fund their studies. The bursary aims to equip students with skills that are required in the job force.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study (undergraduate/ postgraduate):
Please note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 1 December 2019 at the latest – should you not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Eligibility and Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside in the Western Cape
- Between the ages of 17 and 35 years old
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for the previous year of study
- Postgraduate students: must have completed a B. degree in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- NOT in receipt of other bursary funding
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Applications must be done online at: https://www.westerncape.gov.za/treasury-bursaries/bursary-application
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Tertiary academic results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Degree/ Diploma certificate, if already obtained (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary application/ acceptance letter
- Proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed) (certified copies)
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary
30 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Western Cape Provincial Treasury directly:
Contact Person: Nicolaas van Aarde
Tel: 021 483 3040
Email: [email protected]