We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for Wakkerstroom Music Festival Bursary Competition 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf, sasmt bursaries, drama bursary, kzn bursaries, sa bursaries, bursaries for 2020, cogta bursary, fashion bursaries 2020, art bursaries for 2020 and we have taken it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2020/2021
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “Wakkerstroom Music Festival Bursary Competition 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
The Wakkerstroom Music Festival is a NPO (Non-Profit Organisation) and a Public Benefit Organisation, whose aim it is to promote awareness of Visual and Performing Arts within rural communities, as well as to raise funds for their Bursary Competition which is held bi-annually.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
12 bursaries will be awarded at the 3rd Wakkerstroom Music Festival, to a total value of R160 000. Bursaries will be awarded to undergraduate and postgraduate students studying towards a classical music qualification in one of the following categories: Piano, Strings, Voice, Wind.
The bursaries will be awarded as follows:
*R25 000 for each first prize student in each category
*R10 000 for each second prize student in each category
*R5 000 for each third prize student in each category
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen or South African permanent resident
- Between 17 and 25 years old (on 20 March)
- Studying towards a music qualification in one of the four aforementioned categories
- Minors – must have permission from parents/ guardians to enter
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Wakkerstroom Music Festival Bursary Application Form (word doc format) or the Wakkerstroom Music Festival Bursary Application Form (pdf format).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- A recent photograph of the applicant (head and shoulders only)
- Full academic record or proof of registration at school or university (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (explaining your future music career development plans, list of achievements in the past 3 years)
- Reference letter from your music teacher/ professor/ lecturer
- Reference letter from any other musician you know
- Link to 2 recent video recordings by yourself, recorded on YouTube (max 15 minutes)
- Entrance fee proof of payment (banking details can be found on the official “Wakkerstroom Music Festival” website http://wmfestival.co.za/?page_id=442 – in the “WMFBC Adjudication Procedure 2017” document)
- Minors: written permission to enter the competition from parents/ guardians
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be emailed to: [email protected]
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
*For further details about the Rules and conditions, Application Procedure and Adjudication Procedure – please visit the official “Wakkerstroom Music Festival” website: http://wmfestival.co.za/?page_id=442
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Wakkerstroom Music Festival Bursary Competition 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf”.
Thanks For Reading