WAEC Syllabus For Civic Education 2022/2023 Pdf Download
- 1 WAEC Syllabus For Civic Education 2022/2023 Pdf Download
- 1.1 WAEC Syllabus For Civic Education 2022/2023 Pdf Download
- 1.2 DETAILED SYLLABUS
- 1.3 Responsible Parenthood
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for WAEC Syllabus For Civic Education 2022/2023 Pdf Download, then you are not alone.
According to wikipedia, A syllabus (/ˈsɪləbəs/; plural syllabuses or syllabi]) or specification is a document that communicates information about a specific course and defines expectations and responsibilities. It is generally narrower in scope than a curriculum. A syllabus may be set out by an examination board or prepared by the tutor or instructor who teaches or controls the course
It makes an impression on the reader (students). Since the syllabus is one of the first materials students will have about the course, the design of the syllabus is your opportunity to make a good first impression on your students. An organized, comprehensive, easy-to-read syllabus will make a positive first impression on your students by showing them that you have put a lot of thought and effort into the organization of the course, considered what they will learn, and that you care about the quality of their experience in the course. On the other hand, a disorganized, incomplete, and hard-to-read syllabus will make a negative impression on your students by showing them that you have not thought deeply about the organization of the course or what they will learn, and it may suggest that you are not very invested in giving students a high-quality experience (Cunliff, 2015).
It sets a tone. The syllabus can set a tone for what students’ interactions with you will be like. In her article What Does Your Syllabus Say About Your Course, Weimer (2011) encourages instructors to consider how they word items in the syllabus. Policies and instructions written with a friendly and welcoming tone may encourage students to communicate with you and ask questions. Policies and instructions written with an impersonal and punitive tone may discourage students. Consider the difference in tone between these two statements:
Waec Syllabus is the tool you cannot do without during before and during your WAEC examination. It is a guide to what you are going to study. A blind man cannot get to his destination without someone or something directing him or her. If you do not study in accordance to your waec syllabus, it therefore means that you are planning to fail your examination.
To succeed in your forthcoming examination, you need to have in your grasps the complete WAEC syllabus for all subjects so that your preparation can have direction.
WAEC Syllabus For Civic Education 2022/2023 Pdf Download
CIVIC EDUCATION FULL SYLLABUS
WAEC Syllabus for Civic Education aims at assessing the candidate’s ability to
- understand the importance of citizenship in the society;
- explain the structure, functions and responsibilities of government to the people ;
- know emerging issues in the society;
- understand the rights, duties and obligations of citizens to government and society;
- appreciate democratic values and strive to uphold them.
- There will be two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2; both of which will be in a composite paper and will be taken at one sitting.
- Paper 1: This will be a 1-hour multiple choice test consisting of fifty questions drawn from the entire syllabus and will carry 40 marks.
- Paper 2: This paper will be a 2- hour essay type test consisting of three sections: Sections A, B, C. Each section shall contain three questions. Candidates will be required to answer four questions choosing at least one from each Section. The paper will carry 60 marks.
- The sections shall cover the following areas of the syllabus:
- Section A: National ethics, discipline, rights and obligation
- Section B: Emerging Issues in the society
- Section C: Governmental system and processes
SECTION A: NATIONAL ETHICS, DISCIPLINE, RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- Values definition, types, importance of values to the society.
Citizenship and Nationalism
- meaning of citizenship;
- meaning of citizenship education;
- goals of citizenship education;
- duties and obligations of citizens;
- meaning of nationalism;
- ways of promoting national consciousness, integrity and unity in the society;
- the nationalistic roles of individual and groups;
- identification of local and world civic problems.
- meaning of human rights;
- categories of human rights;
- characteristics of human rights;
- meaning and historical background of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR);
- meaning and identification of the seven core freedoms of UDHR;
- importance of UDHR;
- roles of individual, groups and government in UDHR;
- limitations to the exercise of human rights.
Law and Order
- definition of Law and Order;
features of Law and Order;
- importance of Law and Order in the society;
- meaning of constituted authority;
- types of constituted authority;
- importance and roles of constituted authority.
- meaning of responsible parenthood;
- roles of responsible parents;
- importance of responsible parenthood in national development.
- meaning of traffic regulations;
- traffic regulation and its importance in the society;
- the roles of the individual and government in maintaining traffic regulations.
Inter- Personal Relationships
- meaning of inter-personal relationships;
- types of interpersonal relationships;
- skills that promotes interpersonal relationships;
- meaning of inter communal relationships;
- importance of inter communal relationships;
- meaning of inter-communal conflicts.
- skills for resolving inter-communal conflicts.
SECTION B: EMERGING ISSUES IN THE SOCIETY
- meaning and origin of cultism;
- different cult groups in Nigeria and their symbols;
- reasons for cultism;
- consequences of cultism;
- ways of preventing cultism in the society.
Drugs and Drug Abuse
- meaning of drug abuse;
- drugs that can be abused;
- how drugs are abused;
- symptoms of drug abuse;
- behaviours of drug addicts;
- ways of preventing drug abuse;
- government agencies working to prevent drug abuse/trafficking and their activities;
- laws against drug abuse.
- meaning of human trafficking;
- causes of human trafficking;
- effects and consequences of human trafficking;
- efforts of government and individuals in stopping human trafficking.
- meaning of HIV/AIDS;
- causes of HIV/AIDS;
- symptoms and effects of HIV/AIDS;
- prevention of HIV/AIDS;
- stigmatization of people living with HIV/AIDS.
- meaning of youth empowerment;
- youth empowerment skills;
- importance and benefits of youth empowerment skills.
- efforts of government towards youth empowerment.
SECTION C: GOVERNMENTAL SYSTEM AND PROCESSES
Structure and Functions of Government
- meaning of government;
- structure/tiers of government;
- functions of government.
Democracy, Rule of Law and National Development
- meaning, types, and features of democracy;
- importance of democracy;
- pillars of democracy;
- problems of democracy;
- meaning of rule of law;
- features of rule of law;
- importance of rule of law;
- problems of rule of law;
- meaning of national development;
- how democracy and Rule of law promote national development- good governance, employment creation and poverty alleviation etc.
- meaning of political apathy;
- causes of political apathy;
- consequences of political apathy;
- why leaders fail to protect the interests of their followers;
- how leaders can protect the interests of their followers;
- ways of discouraging political apathy.
Civil Society and Popular Participation
- meaning of popular participation;
- types of popular participation;
- the need for popular participation in the society;
- traditional and modern modes of popular participation;
- achieving popular participation in politics;
- meaning of civil society;
- functions / need for civil society;
- qualities / characteristics of civil society; i.e. accountability, fairness, justice, equity etc.
- problems of civil society; i.e. bribery and corruption, inadequate funding, over bearing influence of foreign donors etc.
Public Service in Democracy
- meaning of public service;
- functions of public service;
- problems of public service;
- reasons for the shortcomings in the public service;
- ways of improving the public service.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “WAEC Syllabus For Civic Education 2022/2023 Pdf Download”.
Thanks For Reading