- 1 Oyo State Technical University Ibadan Tech-U Pre-Degree Form 2022/2023 | Distance Learning
- 1.1 Tech-U Ibadan Pre-degree Programme Options and Subject Combinations
- 1.2 Prospect for Admission into Tech-U Ibadan Degree Programmes
- 1.3 RELATED POSTS TO Oyo State Technical University Ibadan Tech-U
- 1.4 READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB
We are aware at mytopschools.com that Oyo State Technical University Ibadan Tech-U Pre-Degree Form 2022/2023 | Distance Learning is been searched by several aspirants wanting to study in the University
The management of the First Technical University (TECH-U) Distance Learning Center (DLC) hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Candidates for admission into the Pre-Degree Programme of the University for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The concessional examination was abolished in 1978 with the implementation of the course unit system in Nigerian universities in the 1977/78 session, and admission to universities was consolidated through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board. Every year, more than one million applicants seek admission to universities that have a capacity of about 250,000. This history sets out the need for a Science Pre-degree Programme that will act as a forum for equipping prospective students for university entry, providing them with a strong head-start and fostering superior university studentship.
Philosophy Of The Programme
The Pre-degree Programme is believed to encourage individual self-development and to correct the shortcomings in the ability to obtain sufficient instruction from Senior Secondary School in order to effectively pursue a standard University Programme.
Objectives Of The Programme
The objectives of the Pre-degree Programme are to:
- Source superior students for the degree programs at the university and curb the high dropout rate from the university;
- Improving analytical and independent learning skills and encouraging students’ academic growth as well as oral and writing skills
- Ensuring adequate training of qualifying graduates of secondary school for university work
Structure of the Programme
The programme runs for two contact periods both within nine calendar months. The end of the programme precedes the beginning of the university academic session. The curriculum is structured into two contact periods each of 18 weeks with five contact hours per week for English and three contact hours per week for other subjects. There will be a three-week break between the first and second contact periods and two weeks of revision and examination at the end of each contact period.
- 6-week teaching
- 2-week mid-contact test
- 5 weeks for more teaching
- 2 weeks for revision and examination
- 3-week break before second contact.
Tech-U Ibadan Pre-degree Programme Options and Subject Combinations
Students will be admitted into the Pre-degree Programme under the following broad options and subject combinations:
|Biological Sciences||Biology/Chemistry/Physics (BCP)|
|Physical Sciences||Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Physics (CMP)|
|Geography/ Mathematics/ Physics (GMP)|
**English is COMPULSORY for all students.
The above subject combinations will cover admission into all courses in all the Faculties/ Departments in the First Technical University
Prospect for Admission into Tech-U Ibadan Degree Programmes
An overall score of 60% and above in the examinations and continuous assessment (comprising regular tests, assignments and the end of contact period examinations) will be required to qualify candidates for consideration admission into Year 1 of the relevant undergraduate programmes of the University. Admission will be based strictly on merit and entry requirements and in proportion to the admission quota of the University for the various Faculties/Departments.
The various degree programmes under each option will be listed as follows:
FACULTY OF APPLIED AND NATURAL SCIENCES
- Industrial Chemistry
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security Science
- Physics with Electronics
- Software Engineering
- Forensic Science
- Food Science and Technology
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
- Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Industrial and Production Engineering
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
FACULTY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Nursing Science
- Public Health
RECOMMENDED: First Tech-U JUPEB Admission Form
- APPLICATION FEE: #15,000 + #330(Transaction Fee)
- TUITION FEE: #350,000 + #2,000(Transaction Fee)
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Prospective Candidates should visit https://dlc.tech-u.edu.ng/predegree/ and select MAKE PAYMENT of Fifteen Thousand Three Hundred and Thirty Naira (N15,330:00) only for the 2022 TECH-U Pre-Degree Admission Form.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Oyo State Technical University Ibadan Tech-U Pre-Degree Form 2022/2023 | Distance Learning”.
Thanks For Reading