We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for Mining Qualifications Authority MQA Bursary 2021/2022 Online Application form Pdf, mqa bursary tut, mqa bursary list 2021, mqa bursary online application 2021, mqa bursary application form, mqa bursary application form 2021 pdf, mqa bursary contact details, mqa bursary 2021 application form, mqa bursaries 2021 and we have take it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2021/2022
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “Mining Qualifications Authority MQA Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form Pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
Mining Qualifications Authority MQA Bursary
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) was established under the Mine Health and Safety Act No.29 of 1996. It is a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) which is responsible for administering South Africa’s mining and minerals sector skills development programmes. The MQA aim to ensure that the countries mining and minerals sector is equipped with sufficient skills to improve the employment equity, health and safety and productivity standards.
MQA will be awarding bursaries to those currently employed at a Mining companies, who are studying or intend on studying towards a mining related qualification (Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree/ Postgraduate).
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, registration fees, accommodation, prescribed books, stationery and a toolkit allowance.
Bursary recipients will be required to sign a bursary contractual agreement and will not be allowed to accept any other financial assistance from any other source while being funded by the MQA.
Once students have graduated, they must work within the mining and minerals sector of South African – the period of employment must be equal to the period of bursary sponsorship.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback within 2 months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards a mining related qualification (Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree/ Postgraduate)
- Studying or intend on studying at a University/ University of Technology in South Africa (NOT a private institution)
- Currently employed at a Mining company
- *Preference will be given to students who are studying or intend on studying towards a qualification related to Rock Engineering and Seismology
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete one of the following MQA bursary application forms:
New applicants: MQA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Current MQA bursary recipients: MQA Bursary Continuation Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest Matric results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate if available (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently at tertiary level
- Proof of acceptance to study at a University/ University of technology/ TVET College
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents death certificate if deceased (certified copy)
- Affidavit if not in contact with parents
- Parents/ guardians payslips, less than 3 months old
- Affidavit if parent or guardian is unemployed
Applications must be submitted to one of the following MQA offices (via post/ hand delivery):
– Eastern Cape: King Sabatha Dalindyebo TVET College, R61 Queenstown Road, Cicira Village, Mthatha (Tel: 087 095 0497)
– Free State: Goldfields TVET College, 14107 Ndaki Road, Tosa Campus, Thabong (Tel: 087 095 0266)
– Gauteng: 7 Anerley Road, Block C, Parktown, 2193/ Private Bag X118, Marshalltown, 2107 (Tel: 011 547 2600)
– Mpumalanga: Nkangala TVET College, Mpondozamkomo Campus, 1 Moses Kotane Drive, Ferrobank (Tel: 013 696 8120 / 013 696 2121)
– Limpopo: Sekhukhune TVET College, CN Phathudi Campus, Stand No. 2659, Praktiseer (Tel: 087 095 0267)
– Northern Cape: Northern Cape Rural TVET College, Kathu Campus, Hans Coetzee Drive, Kathu (Tel: 053 723 0100)
– North West: Orbit TVET College, Mankwe Campus, Stand 230, Unit 2, Mogwase (Tel: 014 555 8860)
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) directly:
Gauteng office – Tel: 011 547 2600
Eastern Cape office – Tel: 087 095 0497
Free State office – Tel: 087 095 0266
Limpopo office – Tel: 087 095 0267
Mpumalanga office – Tel: tel: 013 696 8120 / 2121
North West office – Tel: tel: 014 555 8860
Northern Cape office – Tel: 053 723 0100
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Mining Qualifications Authority MQA Bursary 2021/2022 Online Application form Pdf”.
Thanks For Reading