We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for LegalWise Bursary 2023/2024 Online Application form Pdf, scorpion bursaries 2023, law bursaries, law bursaries for 2023, law bursaries for first year students 2023, motsepe foundation bursary, llb bursaries 2023, standard bank bursary, law bursaries 2023 and we have taken it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2023/2024
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “LegalWise Bursary Online Application form Pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
LegalWise was founded in the 1984 by Zak Crafford, a then Legal Aid employee. The company aims to provide affordable, equal and fair access to justice and legal assistance for South Africans. LegalWise provides assistance for criminal, civil and labour related cases, giving people access to their basic rights according to the law.
The company offers 3 membership options (Gold, GoldPlus and Platinum), each providing a maximum coverage for legal cases. LegalWise currently employs between 500 and 1000 staff members across their 80 branches.
Clients receive assistance in the form of face-to-face legal counselling, access to a panel of experienced and highly qualified attorneys, cover for legal expenses if representation in court is required, 24-hour telephonic legal assistance, email legal assistance during working hours,
LegalWise will be awarding bursaries to students who are LegalWise Members or children of LegalWise Members, and currently studying within one of the following fields:
- BA Law
- BCOM Law
- BCOM Accounting
- BCOM Human Resource Management
- BCOM Management
- BCOM Industrial Psychology
COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The partial bursary is available to students from their 2nd year of study onwards, and cover the cost of tuition and registration fees (depending on the bursary budget) to maximum value of R40 000.
Bursary recipients will be required to take part in vacation work at LegalWise for 5 weeks per year, during the June and December holidays. Once students have graduated, they must complete their in-house service obligation – the duration of the service contract is 6 months of paid service for each year of bursary funding received.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview at their nearest LegalWise Branch.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying full-time towards one of the aforementioned degree qualifications (part-time and 1st year students will NOT be funded)
- Studying at one of the following tertiary institutes: University of Johannesburg, University of Pretoria, University of Witwatersrand, University of Fort Hare, Rhodes University, University of Cape Town, University of the Western Cape, University of Stellenbosch, University of Kwa-Zulu Natal, University of the Free State, University of Limpopo, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, North-West University (Mafikeng/ Potchefstroom campus)
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60%/ “C” symbol for the previous year of study at tertiary level
- Fluent in English and at least 1 other South African official language (able to speak, read and write)
- A LegalWise member or have a parent that is a LegalWise member
- The LegalWise Member must be fully paid up for a minimum of 2 years before application and must remain a Member for the entire duration of the bursary
- Possess the following qualities: a positive attitude, determination, commitment, able to work in a team, show initiative, good communication skills and good interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the LegalWise Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Tertiary academic transcript (certified copy)
- First semester tertiary exam results (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary account statement (certified copy)
- Proof of university registration
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parent/ guardian/ spouse proof of income (payslip/ letter from employer if employed/ proof of SASSA grant if applicable/ sworn affidavit if unemployed/ latest financial statements if self-employed)
- Proof that you are a LegalWise Member/ the child of a LegalWise Member/ a legal guardian of a LegalWise Member
- Motivational letter about your life and why you should be awarded the bursary (maximum 750 words)
- Letter of recommendation from a parent/ guardian/ friend
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
External Bursary Department
P O Box 1524
3) Hand-delivered to your closest LegalWise branch (https://www.legalwise.co.za/contact-us/branches/)
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact LegalWise directly:
Contact Person: Helen Frerk (Brand Manager: Community Engagement)
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 011 670 4500
That’s the much we can take on the topic “LegalWise Bursary Online Application form Pdf”.
Thanks For Reading