Johannesburg Water Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf
We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for Johannesburg Water Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf, water engineering bursaries, magalies water bursary, diploma bursaries, safunda bursaries, criminology bursaries, saica bursaries, bank bursaries, water research commission bursary and we have take it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2020/2021.
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “Johannesburg Water Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
Johannesburg Water Bursary
Johannesburg Water SOC Ltd (JW), solely owned by the City of Johannesburg (CoJ), is a municipal entity that was incorporated in 2000 and began commencement of business operations in 2001. The company was formed with the goal of providing the over 5 million people of Johannesburg with accessibility to quality sanitation services and water.
Johannesburg Water supplies and distributes over 1500 megalitres of potable water every day, which is procured treated from Rand Water. JW operates across 6 regions, with 6 wastewater treatment plants and 10 network depots. The company employs around 2500 staff members and has a turnover of over R8 billion.
Fields Covered & Coverage Value
Johannesburg Water will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering (BEng Tech)
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) (BEng Tech)
- Finance (B Com)
- Financial Accounting (B Com)
- Management Accounting (B Com)
The bursary will cover the following expenses: full tuition fees, residence and a cash allowance, students will also be able to partake in paid vacation work.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 30 days of the application deadline – if you do not receive any feedback within this time frame, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Eligibility and Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Completed your first year of study
- Studying at a recognized tertiary institution in Gauteng (University of Johannesburg/ University of Pretoria/ University of the Witwatersrand/ Tshwane University of Technology/ Vaal University of Technology)
- Good academic record
- Proven financial need
- Have NOT previously received bursary award or other study funding (except NSFAS)
- *Preference will be given to female students and students with disabilities
How to Apply
Download and complete the Johannesburg Water Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile, if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record to date (certified copy)
- Official statement of results (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration/ admission
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed (certified copies)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Johannesburg Water Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
1 February 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Johannesburg Water directly:
Tel: 011 688 1400
Email: [email protected]