JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum And Gas Engineering
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum And Gas Engineering
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum And Gas Engineering then you are not alone.
Petroleum engineering is a field of engineering concerned with the activities related to the production of Hydrocarbons, which can be either crude oil or natural gas. Exploration and production are deemed to fall within the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry. Exploration, by earth scientists, and petroleum engineering are the oil and gas industry’s two main subsurface disciplines, which focus on maximizing economic recovery of hydrocarbons from subsurface reservoirs. Petroleum geology and geophysics focus on provision of a static description of the hydrocarbon reservoir rock, while petroleum engineering focuses on estimation of the recoverable volume of this resource using a detailed understanding of the physical behavior of oil, water and gas within porous rock at very high pressure.
The combined efforts of geologists and petroleum engineers throughout the life of a hydrocarbon accumulation determine the way in which a reservoir is developed and depleted, and usually they have the highest impact on field economics. Petroleum engineering requires a good knowledge of many other related disciplines, such as geophysics, petroleum geology, formation evaluation (well logging), drilling, economics, reservoir simulation, reservoir engineering, well engineering, artificial lift systems, completions and petroleum production engineering.
Recruitment to the industry has historically been from the disciplines of physics, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering and mining engineering. Subsequent development training has usually been done within oil companies.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum And Gas Engineering is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Petroleum And Gas Engineering O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Petroleum And Gas Engineering Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Petroleum And Gas Engineering UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Petroleum And Gas Engineering.
Please read the Petroleum And Gas Engineering programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Petroleum And Gas Engineering
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – BAZE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE – FED-OTUOKE
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- NIGERIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY, OKERENKOKO, DELTA STATE – MARITIME-UNI
- NILE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, Abuja – NILE
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Petroleum And Gas Engineering
Direct Entry Requirement for Petroleum And Gas Engineering:
- A Level passes to include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
UTME Requirement for Petroleum And Gas Engineering:
- Five (5) SSC credits to include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language and any one Science subject.
UTME Subject combination for Petroleum And Gas Engineering:
- Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Petroleum And Gas Engineering. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum And Gas Engineering”.
Thanks For Visiting