JAMB Subject Combination for Meteorology
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Meteorology then you are not alone.
Meteorology is a branch of the atmospheric sciences (which include atmospheric chemistry and atmospheric physics), with a major focus on weather forecasting. The study of meteorology dates back millennia, though significant progress in meteorology did not begin until the 18th century. The 19th century saw modest progress in the field after weather observation networks were formed across broad regions. Prior attempts at prediction of weather depended on historical data.
It was not until after the elucidation of the laws of physics and more particularly, the development of the computer, allowing for the automated solution of a great many equations that model the weather, in the latter half of the 20th century that significant breakthroughs in weather forecasting were achieved. An important branch of weather forecasting is marine weather forecasting as it relates to maritime and coastal safety, in which weather effects also include atmospheric interactions with large bodies of water.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Meteorology O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Meteorology Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Meteorology UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Meteorology.
Please read the Meteorology programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Meteorology
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Meteorology
Direct Entry Requirement for Meteorology:
- (i) ND upper credit in Meteorology in addition to the O Level requirements. OR
- (ii)WMO Class II Certificate in Weather Forecasting in addition to the O Level requirements.
- (iii) A Level passes in Mathematics and Physics in addition to the SSC requirements.
UTME Requirement for Meteorology:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English, Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any other Science subject.
UTME Subject combination for Meteorology:
- Biology, Chemistry & Physics or Mathematics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Meteorology. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Meteorology”.
Thanks For Visiting