JAMB Subject Combination for Library Science
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Library Science then you are not alone.
Library science (often termed library studies, bibliothecography, library economy, and informatics) is an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary field that applies the practices, perspectives, and tools of management, information technology, education, and other areas to libraries; the collection, organization, preservation, and dissemination of information resources; and the political economy of information.
Martin Schrettinger, a Bavarian librarian, coined the discipline within his work (1808–1828) Versuch eines vollständigen Lehrbuchs der Bibliothek-Wissenschaft oder Anleitung zur vollkommenen Geschäftsführung eines Bibliothekars. Rather than classifying information based on nature-oriented elements, as was previously done in his Bavarian library, Schrettinger organized books in alphabetical order. The first American school for library science was founded by Melvil Dewey at Columbia University in 1887.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Library Science O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Library Science Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Library Science UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Library Science.
Please read the Library Science programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Library Science
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OTTO-IJANIKIN, LAGOS (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV) – AOCOE
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, (TECHNICAL), LAFIAGI (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – KWCOE
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – ADELEKE UNIVERSITY
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Library Science
Direct Entry Requirement for Library Science:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes in relevant subject plus the UTME requirements.
- (ii) NCE merit in relevant subjects.
UTME Requirement for Library Science:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and three (3) other relevant Arts/Sciences/Social Sciences subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Library Science:
- Any three (3) subjects.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Library Science. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Library Science”.
Thanks For Visiting