JAMB Subject Combination for Food Science
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Food Science then you are not alone.
Food science is the basic science and applied science of food; its scope starts at overlap with agricultural science and nutritional science and leads through the scientific aspects of food safety and food processing, informing the development of food technology.
Food science brings together multiple scientific disciplines. It incorporates concepts from fields such as chemistry, physics, physiology, microbiology, and biochemistry. Food technology incorporates concepts from chemical engineering, for example.
Activities of food scientists include the development of new food products, design of processes to produce these foods, choice of packaging materials, shelf-life studies, sensory evaluation of products using survey panels or potential consumers, as well as microbiological and chemical testing. Food scientists may study more fundamental phenomena that are directly linked to the production of food products and its properties.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Food Science O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Food Science Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Food Science UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Food Science.
Please read the Food Science programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Food Science
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE – FED-DUTSINMA
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Food Science
Direct Entry Requirement for Food Science:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Physics/Agric Science/Botany/Zoology.
UTME Requirement for Food Science:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Physics, Basic Catering and Food Services, Bakery and Confectionaries, Hotel & Catering Crafty course (Cookery), Hotel & Catering Craft Course (Food /Drinks Services) and Basic Electricity.
UTME Subject combination for Food Science:
- Chemistry, Mathematics/ Physics and Biology/ Agricultural Science
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Food Science. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Food Science”.
Thanks For Visiting