JAMB Subject Combination for Education And Religious Studies
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Education And Religious Studies
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Education And Religious Studies then you are not alone.
Religious studies, also known as the study of religion, is an academic field devoted to research into religious beliefs, behaviors, and institutions. It describes, compares, interprets, and explains religion, emphasizing systematic, historically based, and cross-cultural perspectives.
While theology attempts to understand the transcendent or supernatural forces (such as deities), religious studies tries to study religious behavior and belief from outside any particular religious viewpoint. Religious studies draws upon multiple disciplines and their methodologies including anthropology, sociology, psychology, philosophy, and history of religion.
Religious studies originated in the nineteenth century, when scholarly and historical analysis of the Bible had flourished, and Hindu and Buddhist texts were first being translated into European languages. Early influential scholars included Friedrich Max Müller in England and Cornelius P. Tiele in the Netherlands. Today religious studies is practiced by scholars worldwide. In its early years, it was known as “comparative religion” or the science of religion and, in the US, there are those who today also know the field as the History of religion (associated with methodological traditions traced to the University of Chicago in general, and in particular Mircea Eliade, from the late 1950s through to the late 1980s).
The religious studies scholar Walter Capps described the purpose of the discipline as to provide “training and practice … in directing and conducting inquiry regarding the subject of religion”.At the same time, Capps stated that its other purpose was to use “prescribed modes and techniques of inquiry to make the subject of religion intelligible.” Religious studies scholar Robert A. Segal characterised the discipline as “a subject matter” that is “open to many approaches”, and thus it “does not require either a distinctive method or a distinctive explanation to be worthy of disciplinary status.”
Different scholars operating in the field have different interests and intentions; some for instance seek to defend religion, while others seek to explain it away, and others wish to use religion as an example with which to prove a theory of their own. Some scholars of religious studies are interested in primarily studying the religion to which they belong.
Scholars of religion have argued that a study of the subject is useful for individuals because it will provide them with knowledge that is pertinent in inter-personal and professional contexts within an increasingly globalised world. It has also been argued that studying religion is useful in appreciating and understanding sectarian tensions and religious violence
The Bachelor’s Degree in Education And Religious Studies is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Education And Religious Studies O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Education And Religious Studies Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Education And Religious Studies UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Education And Religious Studies.
Please read the Education And Religious Studies programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Education And Religious Studies
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- ADEYEMI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ONDO STATE. (AFFL TO OAU, ILE-IFE) – ADEYEMIDEG
- BAPTIST COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE (AFFL TO AMBROSE ALLI UNIV) – BCT-BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- ALVAN IKOKU FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IMO STATE.(AFFL TO UNIV OF NIGERA, NSUKKA) – EDALV
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – EDZAR
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, PANKSHIN,PLATEAU STATE (AFFL TO UNI OF JOS) – FC-PANKSHIN
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IKERE EKITI. (AFFL TO UNIV OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA) – IKERE-EKITI
- EBONYI STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IKWO, (AFFILIATED TO EBSU) EBONYI STATE – IKWO-DEG
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, KATSINA-ALA, BENUE STATE. (AFFL TO UNIV OF CALABAR) – KAT-ALA DEG
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- SPIRITAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY, ATTAKWU, ENUGU STATE – SPIRITAN-ENU
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Education And Religious Studies
Direct Entry Requirement for Education And Religious Studies:
- Two (2) A Level passes/NCE merit in Religious Studies and one (1) other Arts subject.
UTME Requirement for Education And Religious Studies:
- Five (5) O Level credit passes or TC II merit in five (5) subjects including English Language, Religious Studies and three (3) other Arts subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Education And Religious Studies:
- Two (2) Arts subject including Religious studies and one (1) other subject.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Education And Religious Studies. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Education And Religious Studies”.
Thanks For Visiting