JAMB Subject Combination for Computer with Statistics
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Computer with Statistics
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Computer with Statistics then you are not alone.
Computational statistics, or statistical computing, is the interface between statistics and computer science. It is the area of computational science (or scientific computing) specific to the mathematical science of statistics. This area is also developing rapidly, leading to calls that a broader concept of computing should be taught as part of general statistical education.
As in traditional statistics the goal is to transform raw data into knowledge, but the focus lies on computer intensive statistical methods, such as cases with very large sample size and non-homogeneous data sets.
The terms ‘computational statistics’ and ‘statistical computing’ are often used interchangeably, although Carlo Lauro (a former president of the International Association for Statistical Computing) proposed making a distinction, defining ‘statistical computing’ as “the application of computer science to statistics”, and ‘computational statistics’ as “aiming at the design of algorithm for implementing statistical methods on computers, including the ones unthinkable before the computer age (e.g. bootstrap, simulation), as well as to cope with analytically intractable problems” [sic].
The term ‘Computational statistics’ may also be used to refer to computationally intensive statistical methods including resampling methods, Markov chain Monte Carlo methods, local regression, kernel density estimation, artificial neural networks and generalized additive models.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Computer with Statistics is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Computer with Statistics O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Computer with Statistics Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Computer with Statistics UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Computer with Statistics.
Please read the Computer with Statistics programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Computer with Statistics
- CRESCENT UNIVERSITY, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – CUAB
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE – MINNA
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Computer with Statistics
Direct Entry Requirement for Computer with Statistics:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Mathematics and Physics
UTME Requirement for Computer with Statistics:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language , Mathematics and any three (3) of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Further Maths, and Technical Drawing.
UTME Subject combination for Computer with Statistics:
- Mathematics, Physics and any one (1) of Chemistry, Economics and Biology.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Computer with Statistics. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Computer with Statistics”.
Thanks For Visiting