JAMB Subject Combination for Agriculture
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Agriculture then you are not alone.
Agriculture is the practice of cultivating plants and livestock. Agriculture was the key development in the rise of sedentary human civilization, whereby farming of domesticated species created food surpluses that enabled people to live in cities. The history of agriculture began thousands of years ago. After gathering wild grains beginning at least 105,000 years ago, nascent farmers began to plant them around 11,500 years ago. Pigs, sheep, and cattle were domesticated over 10,000 years ago. Plants were independently cultivated in at least 11 regions of the world. Industrial agriculture based on large-scale monoculture in the twentieth century came to dominate agricultural output, though about 2 billion people still depended on subsistence agriculture.
Modern agronomy, plant breeding, agrochemicals such as pesticides and fertilizers, and technological developments have sharply increased crop yields, while causing widespread ecological and environmental damage. Selective breeding and modern practices in animal husbandry have similarly increased the output of meat, but have raised concerns about animal welfare and environmental damage. Environmental issues include contributions to global warming, depletion of aquifers, deforestation, antibiotic resistance, and growth hormones in industrial meat production. Agriculture is both a cause of and sensitive to environmental degradation, such as biodiversity loss, desertification, soil degradation and global warming, all of which can cause decreases in crop yield. Genetically modified organisms are widely used, although some are banned in certain countries.
The major agricultural products can be broadly grouped into foods, fibers, fuels and raw materials (such as rubber). Food classes include cereals (grains), vegetables, fruits, oils, meat, milk, fungi and eggs. Over one-third of the world’s workers are employed in agriculture, second only to the service sector, although in recent decades, the global trend of a decreasing number of agricultural workers continues, especially in developing countries where smallholding is being overtaken by industrial agriculture and mechanization.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Agriculture O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Agriculture Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Agriculture UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Agriculture.
Please read the Agriculture programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Agriculture
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT“>ABUJA
- ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, MUBI, ADAMAWA STATE – ADSU
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BIU
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY, IGBESA, OGUN STATE – CRAWFORD
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE – CRUTECH
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EDWIN CLARK UNIVERSITY, KIAGBODO, DELTA STATE – EDWIN CLARK
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE – FED-DUTSE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE – FED-DUTSINMA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GASHUA, YOBE STATE – FED-GASHUA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE – FED-KASHERE
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, WUKARI, TARABA STATE – FED-WUKARI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE – KSU
- KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE – KSUSTA
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – KUST
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE – LANDMARK
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE – LAPAI
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – MAKURDI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE – MINNA
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE – OSUSTECH
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- PLATEAU STATE UNIVERSITY, BOKKOS, PLATEAU STATE – PLASU
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- UNIVERSITY OF AFRICA, TORU-ORUA, BAYELSA STATE – UNI-AFRICA
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- WESLEY UNIVERSITY, ONDO, ONDO STATE – WESLEYUNI
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Agriculture
Direct Entry Requirement for Agriculture:
Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and one from Biology/Botany/Zoology/Agricultural Science, Economics, Physics, Geography and Geology/Mathematics (Pure & Applied).
UTME Requirement for Agriculture:
Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry and any one of Mathematics, Physics, Geography and Economics.
UTME Subject combination for Agriculture:
Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and any one of Physics or Mathematics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Agriculture. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Agriculture”.
Thanks For Visiting