ICMEESA Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form Pdf
We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for information concerning ICMEESA Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form Pdf , tsb bursaries, engineering bursaries, energy bursaries, btech bursaries, mechanical engineering bursaries, merseta bursary, mintek bursary, aeronautical engineering bursary and we have take it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2020/2021
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “ICMEESA Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form Pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
The Institution of Certificated Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, South Africa (ICMEESA), founded in the year 1911, is the only learning and vocational institution in South Africa that caters for all certificated mechanical and electrical engineers.
ICMEESA is also the sole institution for certificated engineers which has statutory recognition with regards to the Engineering Profession of South Africa Act.
About the Bursary, Fields Covered and Coverage Value
Each year, ICMEESA awards bursaries to deserving students who meet their criteria. Bursary are awarded within the following fields of study (which is required to obtain the Certificate of Competency):
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
The following expense will be covered by the bursary award: tuition fees and prescribed textbooks. The coverage pay be full or partial, dependent on the Council’s decision.
Eligibility and Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying within one of the aforementioned Engineering fields
- In second year of study
- Studying at a University, Technicon or Technical College which is accredited by the ECSA
- Technicon students: must have passed S1
- Technical College students: must have passed qualifying N3 subjects
- Part-time/ correspondence students: must have achieved a minimum status equal to a S1 grade pass/ N3 grade pass
Preference will be given to:
- Students who are direct descendants of members of ICMEESA (longest standing members will get first preference)
- Students who were previously awarded an ICMEESA bursary and have passed their subjects
How to Apply
Applications must be done online at: http://www.icmeesa.org.za/modules/bursary/bursary_app.php
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Previous study academic record (certified copy of)
- Confirmation of acceptance from the tertiary institution,
- Recommendation from one of the following: ICMEESA branch/ member of the tertiary institution
- Attendance record/ letter from the tertiary institution confirming attendance,
Please read the full bursary T&C’s before applying at: www.icmeesa.org.za/modules/bursary/terms.html
31 August 2020
(Applications open in May each year).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ICMEESA directly:
Contact Person: Mariana Jacobs
Tel: 011 615 4304
Email: [email protected]
That’s the much we can take on the topic “ICMEESA Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form Pdf”.
Thanks For Reading