Funza Lushaka Bursary Program 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf
- 1 Funza Lushaka Bursary Program 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf
- 1.1 Funza Lushaka Bursary Program 2020/2021
- 1.2 Requirements for Application for the Funza Lushaka Bursary
- 1.3 What does the Funza Lushaka Bursary Cover?
- 1.4 Important Information
- 1.5 How to Apply For the Funza Lushaka Bursary?
- 1.6 Funza Lushaka Bursary Closing Date?
We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for information concerning Funza Lushaka Bursary Program 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf, funza lushaka online application 2020, funza lushaka bursary for 2020, funza lushaka online application 2020, funza lushaka application form pdf, funza lushaka application form 2020, funza lushaka bursary 2020, funza lushaka bursary contact details, funza lushaka bursary application 2020 and we have take it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2020/2021.
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “Funza Lushaka Bursary Program 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Program 2020/2021
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a national programme headed by the Department of Basic Education, funded by the National Treasury and administered by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
There is no doubt that a solid education is an answer to many of our country’s problems, and as such, the government runs this scheme in order to make it easier for interested individuals to become teachers to help shape our youth.
The bursary is valid for one year at a time, successful bursary holders must re-apply each year if they wish to cover the entire duration of their studies.
Fields of Study
The Funza Lushaka Bursaries are awarded to full-time, part-time and distance education students who have been accepted to higher education institutions for the following degree types:
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
Priority Area Subjects
Foundation Phase (Gr R-3, ages 5-9):
- Foundation phase specialization
Intermediate Phase (Gr 4-6; ages 10-12):
- African Language
- English Language
- Natural Sciences
Senior Phase (Gr 7-9; ages 13-15):
- African Languages
- English Language
- Natural Sciences
FET Phase (Gr 10-12; ages 16-18):
- African Languages
- Agricultural Sciences
- Agricultural Technology
- Civil Technology
- Computer Applications Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- English Language
- Information Technology
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Literacy
- Mechanical Technology
- Physical Sciences
Requirements for Application for the Funza Lushaka Bursary
Applicants for the Funza Lushaka Bursary must meet the following basic requirements in order to be considered:
- Must be a South African citizen with a valid ID
- Must have already been accepted to an appropriate field of study at a recognized higher education institution
- Must be committed to and enthusiastic about a professional teaching career with interests that include working with young people, readiness to face and overcome challenges
- Must have personal integrity
For individuals applying for the first time for a university:
- Completion of matric with an exemption, endorsement or admission to a Bachelor Degree study
- Level 4 pass / 60% (SG) or 50% (HG) for a matric subject which leads to the priority area
- For those who wish to specialize in the foundation level:
- A passing grade in Mathematics/Mathematics Literacy (if the individual matriculated before 2008 when Maths was not compulsory, an overall good performance—average of 50%—may still be considered)
- Level 4 pass / 60% (SG) or 50% (HG) in home language
- For those who wish to specialize in technology subjects but did not take those subjects at a matric level, a pass in Maths or Math Literacy is needed
For individuals who are already at university or enrolling for PGCE:
- A passing grade for all modules studies in the last year of study at university
- Minimum of 55% average across all modules studied in the last year
For existing bursars who are reapplying:
- Must have a minimum of 50% across all modules and progressing to the next level/year of study
1. Undergraduate (1)
This bursary option encompasses a four-year Bachelor of Education degree, specializing in all five phases.
2. Undergraduate (2)
This particular bursary option is open to those who wish to study any three or four-year long Bachelors degree which includes a field that will allow the student to progress to the one-year PGCE.
This bursary option is available to individuals who have qualified for the PGCE, i.e. those who have graduated from their degrees that include majors in priority areas.
Each of the three qualifications mentioned above must include subjects in at least one priority area for which the individual plans to specialise in as a teacher. Students will also have to specialise in a particular phase for the Bed and PGCE qualifications.
What does the Funza Lushaka Bursary Cover?
Successful applicants will have the following covered through the Funza Lushaka bursary:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation costs (for either residence or approved accommodation)
- Small monthly allowance for living expenses
- In exceptional circumstances, traveling costs may be included in the cost of traveling hiders the student from accepting the bursary
What Happens After the Qualification
After the bursar has successfully completed all studies and holds the qualification of a certified teacher, he or she will be contractually obligated to teach in a provincial teaching post for every year that they received a bursary. Individuals will be allowed to choose the province; if however, there is no post available in the selected province at the time, the bursar will have to accept an offer in a different province.
This contractual obligation may not be deferred, i.e. the bursar must start teaching immediately after qualification; no gap year may be taken.
Individuals who have any further question or concerns can get the Funza Lushaka contact details directly from the university to which they have applied. If any issues can not be resolved by the designated administrative coordinators, only then should the Department of Basic Education be contacted.
How to Apply For the Funza Lushaka Bursary?
Funza Lushaka Online Application and Bursary 2020 form
Individuals can only apply for the bursary once they have been accepted to the university of their choice and have been allocated a valid student number – the student number is needed in order to complete the Funza Lushaka application form online. More information on their bursary program can be found on the Funza Lushaka Website.
The university to which the individual has applied for the bursary will notify them of the outcome of their Funza Lushaka online applications; a letter will also be sent from the Department of Basic Education.
Funza Lushaka will use email or SMS as a means of communication with bursars, so they are expected to have a valid and working email address as well as a cell phone.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Closing Date?
Applications must be submitted for the Funza Lushaka bursary from 1st October before the closing date of January 2020..
Re-applications must also be submitted online before the closing date of November .
Application closing dates will be published online if there are any changes.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Funza Lushaka Bursary Program 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf”.
Thanks For Reading