We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for Department of Water & Sanitation Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form Pdf, department of water and sanitation bursary 2020, department of water and sanitation bursary 2020/21, water and sanitation bursary 2020 pdf, water affairs bursary 2020, department of environmental affairs bursary 2020. dws bursary 2020, department of water affairs bursaries 2020 pdf, umgeni water bursaries and we have take it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2020/2021
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “Department of Water & Sanitation Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form Pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
Department of Water & Sanitation Bursary
The Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) was formed in 1912, when it was initially known as the Department of Irrigation. As one of the South African government’s departments, the DWS is responsible for the water resources of the country, particularly for formulating and implementing policies within the sector.
The DWS aim to ensure that South African have access to clean water and sanitation services, as well as water resources management for ensuring sustainable economic and social development in the country.
The Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) have established a Learning Academy, whose aim it is to help students complete their tertiary students within the water and sanitation field, which is a scarce skills sector in the country.
The DWS will be awarding bursaries within the following undergraduate and postgraduate fields of study:
- Civil Engineering (BSc/ BEng/ BEng Tech/ National Diploma)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc/ BEng/ BEng Tech/ National Diploma)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc/ BEng/ BEng Tech/ National Diploma)
- Hydrology (BSc)
- Geohydrology (BSc)
- Project Management (BSc)
- Environmental Management (BSc)
- Environmental Sciences (BSc)
- Environmental and Water Sciences (BSc)
- Water Care (National Diploma)
- Environmental Management (National Diploma)
- Biochemistry (National Diploma)
- Civil Engineering (BSc (Hons))
- Electrical Engineering (BSc (Hons))
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc (Hons))
- Hydrology (BSc (Hons))
- Geohydrology (BSc (Hons))
- Environmental Management (BSc (Hons))
- Project Management (BSc (Hons))
- Environmental Sciences (BSc (Hons))
- Environmental and Water Sciences (BSc (Hons))
Bursaries are awarded each year and renewed based on satisfactory academic performance. The following expenses are covered by the bursary programme: registration fees, tuition fees, allowance for prescribed textbooks, accommodation, meals and a personal allowance.
On completion of their studies, bursary recipients will be required to join the Water Learning Academy for up to 3 years.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via written correspondence. Should you not receive feedback within 3 months of the application deadline, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at one of the tertiary institutes listed below
- Strong academic performance
- Proven financial need
- Students with disability should also apply
- *Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students from poor and rural communities
Students must pursue their studies at one of the following universities:
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Central University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- Nelson Mandela University
- North West University
- Rhodes University
- Sol Plaatje University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
- University of Limpopo
- University of Mpumalanga
- University of Pretoria
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of the Free State
- University of the Western Cape
- University of Venda
- University of Witwatersrand
- University of Zululand
- Vaal University of Technology
- Walter Sisulu University
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Department of Water and Sanitation Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record to date, if currently at University (certified copy)
- Proof of University application/ firm offer/ provisional acceptance letter, if a new student
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ SASSA grant letter)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
(Insert the words “DWS Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Department of Water and Sanitation
Director: Career Management
Private Bag X313
31 August 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Department of Water and Sanitation directly:
Contact Person: Ms Nobulali Mtikitiki (Bursary Coordinator)
Tel: 012 336 7149
Email: [email protected]
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Department of Water & Sanitation Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form Pdf”.
Thanks For Reading