List Of Courses Offered In Federal College of Education Kontagora
We aware that you are searching for List Of Courses Offered In Federal College of Education Kontagora, federal college of education kontagora school fees, fce kontagora admission list 2019, fce kontagora 2019/2020, fce kontagora 2019 2020 admission list, fce kontagora registrar, fce kontagora provost, federal college of education kontagora 2019 2020 admission, federal university of education kontagora, then you are in the right place.
About the time of setting up the Ashby commission by the federal Government to deal with the educational problems in Nigeria, the then Western Region attempted to improve on the quality of teachers particularly in the secondary schools and teacher training colleges in the region. In the vein, the government established in quick succession two post Grade Two Certificate Teachers’ Colleges. The first step was taken in 1958 when an institution offering two-year course was established at the Moor Plantation, Ibadan under the auspices of the Ohio State University and the International Cooperation Administration project. Two years later another higher college, the Ransome Kuti College of Education was established in the then western region.
The College was to offer a three-year course leading to the award of the Nigeria Certificate in Education. In 1963, the Ohio State University International Cooperation Administration experiment at the moor Plantation, Ibadan was up-graded and the institution was named the Olunloyo College of education. The Ashby commission was set in April 1959 by the Federal Government to make recommendations on the way and means of tackling the educational problems in Nigeria. The Commission submitted its report in 1960. Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo was established in 1963 to give expression to the recommendation of the Commission.
The college was to produce qualified manpower to teach academic subjects at the lower forms of the Nigerian Secondary School system. The institution was named after the Reverend Canon M.C. Adeyemi (1882-1942) in recognition of his noble contributions to the educational development in the then Ondo Province. The College started operating on 22nd May, 1964 with its first intake of 93 students- 24 women and 69 men. The project was financed by the Government of the then Western Region, the UNESCO and also through bilateral aids received from the foreign organizations. At the beginning of 1966 the government of the Western Region decided to merge the Ransome Kuti College of Education with the Olunloyo College of Education.
Again at the end of 1967 the Olunloyo College of Education was nominally integrated with Adeyemi College of Education Ondo. In January 1968, the integration of both Colleges at Ondo was completed. Adeyemi College thus became an amalgam of the three Colleges of Education earlier owned by the then Western Region. Adeyemi College has had a rather chequered history of supervision which has had its advantages and disadvantages. Between 1964 and 1972, the College was nothing more than a unit of the Western Region/ State Ministry of Education. The Ministry was, for instance, responsible for the recruitment of academic, non-academic and administrative members of staff for the College
For NCE Courses, the college offered fifty-three (53) different subject combinations under five (5) schools. They are:
School of Arts and Social Sciences
- Department of Christian Religious Studies.
- Department of Islamic Religious Studies.
- Department of Social Studies
- Department of Geograhy
- Department of History
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Science
School of Education
- Department of Education Foundation and Management
- Department of Education Curriculum and Technology
- Department of General Studies
- Department of Educational Psychology, Guidance and Counseling
- Department of Adult and non Formal Education
- Department of Early Childhood Care Education
School of Languages
- Department of Arabic
- Department of English Language
- Department of Hausa
- Department of Yoruba
- Department of French
- Department of Igbo
School of Sciences
- Department of Biology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Integrated Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Physical and Health Education.
School of Vocational Education
- Department of Agricultural Education
- Department of Business Education
- Department of Fine and Applied Arts
- Department of Home Economics.
Pre-NCE Courses Students offer courses in Languages, Vocational and Science subjects which prepare them for admission into NCE Courses.
The Sandwich programme which is ran for a period of five (5) years of five contacts Sessions leading to the award of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To prepare teachers for Junior Secondary School in the Nigerian Education System.
- To assist Primary School Teachers upgrade their professional qualification on the job.
- To help the participants acquire the basic knowledge and values needed to enhance the quality of their lives and the life of the nation.
- To help the participants acquire the spirit of self image and balanced personality.
- To meet the effective man-power need of Nigeria Education System. Certificate Courses offered include:
That’s the much we can take on the topic “List Of Courses Offered In Federal College of Education Kontagora”.
Thanks For Reading