We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for City of Johannesburg Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf, city of johannesburg bursary application forms 2020 pdf, city of johannesburg bursaries 2020, ekurhuleni bursary, bursaries for 2020, municipality bursaries 2020, oasis bursary, government bursaries application forms, city of johannesburg bursary application forms 2020 pdf and we have take it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2020/2021.
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “City of Johannesburg Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
City of Johannesburg Bursary
The City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality is separated into various departments and branches which manage the local governance of Johannesburg. The metropolitan municipalities services include: Emergency Services, Metro Police, Traffic Fines, Water and Sanitation, Waste Management, Electricity, Public Transport: Metro Bus, E-Services , Building Plans , Driver’s License and more.
The municipality covers a large area including 2 major urban centres – Midrand and Johannesburg, as well as 11 smaller urban centres, including Sandton; Melrose Arch; Randburg; Soweto; Rosebank; Killarney; Roodepoort; Sunninghill and Diepsloot.
Fields Covered & Coverage Value
The City of Johannesburg will be awarding 100 bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Built Environment (Architecture, Construction)
- Quantity Surveying
- Environmental Management
- Regional Planning
- Real Estate (Property Valuation, Property Management)
- Engineering (all fields)
- Emergency Management Services
- Communications/ Social Media
- Finance (Accounting, Auditing, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Entrepreneurial, Small Business Management, Treasury)
- Actuarial Science
- Sports Science
- Health (Nursing)
- Community Services (Disaster Management)
- Curatorial Studies
- Production and Operations Management
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Information Technology
- International Relations & Protocol
- Local Government Science/ Political Science
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Municipal Governance
- Quality Assurance
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, registration fees, prescribed textbooks and study material – the cover will be limited to R25 000 per year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Eligibility and Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Strong academic record
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Permanently reside within Johannesburg
- Studying or plan to study full-time towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or plan to study at a recognised South African tertiary institution
How to Apply
Download and complete the City of Johannesburg Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID Document (certified copy)
- Latest academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of residence in Johannesburg (rates account/ utility bill) (certified copy)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
City of Johannesburg Municipality
The Bursary Office
Group Corporate and Shared Services
Employee Relations and Development
PO. Box 1049
2) Hand delivery:
City of Johannesburg Customer Service Centre
Ground Floor A-Block
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the City of Johannesburg Municipality directly:
Tel: 0860 562 874