City of Cape Town Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf
We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for City of Cape Town Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf, city of cape town bursary application form 2020, city of cape town bursary 2020 closing date, city of johannesburg bursary, bursaries for 2020, municipality bursary forms, medicine bursaries, ithuba bursaries, latest bursaries and we have take it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2020/2021.
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “City of Cape Town Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
City of Cape Town Bursary
Cape Town, also known as the “Mother City”, is infamous for it’s landmark sight (and “7th wonder of the world”) Table Mountain. The port city is situated on the southwest coast of South Africa, covers an area of almost 2500 km² and has a coastline of almost 300km.
The City of Cape Town Metropolitan Municipality is categorised as a “Category A municipality”.
Fields Covered & Coverage Value
The City of Cape Town will be awarding bursaries within the following “scarce skills” fields of study:
- Accounting (BCom)
- Accounting (CA and Cost Management)
- Management Accounting (BCom)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants Qualifications (CIMA)
- Contract Management (Design and Implementation)
- Business Science (Bachelors)
- Fleet Management
- Information & Systems Technology
- Computer Science (BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BSc)
- Nursing (Medical Specialist)
- Library and Information Science (B Degree)
- Library and Information Science (Postgraduate Diploma)
- Data Science (MSc)
- Sustainable Energy Engineering (MSc)
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and exam fees.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any correspondence by 28 November 2019, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Eligibility and Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the Cape Metropolitan Area
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or plan on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned scarce skills areas (Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree/ diploma)
- Studying or registered to study at one of the following tertiary institutions: the University of Cape Town/ the University of the Western Cape/ Stellenbosch University/ Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- NOT currently receiving any other financial assistance
How to Apply
Download and complete the City of Cape Town Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, you may collect a copy of the application form at one of the City libraries (http://www.capetown.gov.za/Work%20and%20business/See-all-City-facilities/Our-service-facilities/Libraries) or Walk-in Centres listed below.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of registration or provisional acceptance at a tertiary institution
- Awards/ certificates won, where applicable
- Recommendation letter from a teacher/ mentor/ peer
- 2 x references (with their contact details)
- Proof of work completed in your chosen field of study
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Proof of residence
- Payslip or proof of Government grant if applicable (certified copy)
Applications must be submitted to one of the following Walk-in Centres:
Bellville: Reed Street, Bellville, 7530
Brackenfell: Cnr Paradys and Old Paarl roads, Brackenfell, 7560
Cape Town Civic Centre: Civic Centre, 2nd Floor Podium (Cash office & MVR), 12 Hertzog Boulevard, Cape Town, 8000
Parow: Civic Centre, Voortrekker Road, Parow, 7500
Plumstead: Municipal Office/ MVR, Cnr Victoria and Main roads, Plumstead, 7140
Strand: Ground Floor, Municipal Office/ MVR Office, Cnr Fagan and Main roads, Strand, 7140
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the City of Cape Town directly:
HR Service Desk
Tel: 086 010 3089 (option 6)
Email: [email protected]