We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf, mazars bursaries, metropolitan bursary, cima bursaries, city of johannesburg bursary, metro police bursaries, sap bursaries, sa bursaries,criminology bursaries and we have take it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2020/2021.
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Bursary
The Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality, located within the Eastern Cape province of South Africa, was established in 2000 after municipal areas were reorganised. Before it became a metropolitan municipality, it was part of the Amathole District Municipality, before the seperation occured in 2011.
The municipality includes the towns of Bhisho, King William’s Town and East London and the townships of Zwelitsha and Mdantsane.
Fields Covered & Coverage Value
The Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Mayoral Bursary will be awarding within the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Land Surveying
- Town and Regional Planning
- Facilities Management
- Analytical Chemistry
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary award: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation, study materials and prescribed books.
Students will be selected based on academic merit and the bursary is renewable each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to attend a personal interview by 30 November 2018. If you have not received any feedback by 14 December, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Eligibility and Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Between 14 and 35 years old
- Permanently reside within the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality area
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- Willing to work within the Buffalo City once graduated
- Completed Matric OR an NCV Level 3 certificate with Mathematics
- Achieved a minimum “C” symbol/ 60-69% for Mathematics in Matric
- Achieved a minimum “C” symbol/ 60-69% for Accounting in Matric
- Achieved a minimum “C” symbol/ 60-69% for Physical Science in Matric
- Achieved a minimum “D” symbol/ 50-59% for English in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a tertiary institute within South African (preferably within the Eastern Cape)
- Preference will be given to students who are studying or have been accepted to study at a TVET College
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Application forms must be collected from a Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Youth Advisory Center, located in the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Community Support Centers:
- Mdantsane Library Complex: Highway, Dunga Road, 5219 (Tel: 043 761 1669 / 043 760 0365)
- King William’s Town Civic Centre: 25 Taylor Street, KWT Community Support Centre, 5600 (Tel: 043 604 8453 / 043 604 8312)
- Duncan Village Art Centre: Gompo Arts Centre Building, Douglas Smith Road, Gompo, 5200 (Tel: 043 722 0641)
- East London Trust Centre Building: cnr Oxford and North streets East London, 7th Floor, Office number 706 (Tel: 043 705 1045)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of residence in Buffalo City Municipality/ letter from the ward councillor confirming residency
- Proof of household income
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 134
2) Hand delivery:
Human Resources Department
31 October 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Nandi Jaji
Tel: 043 705 1013