We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for SKA-SARAO Scholarship 2021/2022 Online Application form Pdf, ska bursary results, postgraduate scholarships, postgraduate scholarships 2021, Accenture scholarship, skagrants nrf ac za fpf , scholarships for mba in south africa, standard bank scholarship, free masters degree in south africa and we have taken it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2021/2022.
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “SKA-SARAO Scholarship 2021/2022 Online Application form Pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) (previously known as “SKA SA”) is managed by the National Research Foundation (NRF).
SARAO will soon be known as the creators of the biggest multi-radio telescope ever constructed, which will produce science that provides a greater understanding of the universe. The SARAO will be collocated in Africa and Australia, with the African one being built in South Africa and 8 other countries in Africa.
Construction of the SARAO is planned to commence at the start of 2019, it should have a total collection area of 1 km2 and initial observations are scheduled for 2022. The project is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
SARAO will be awarding scholarships within the following fields of study (Undergraduate and Honours):
- Computer Engineering (Bachelor of)
- Electrical Engineering (Bachelor of)
- Electronic Engineering (Bachelor of)
- Mechanical Engineering (Bachelor of)
- Mechatronic Engineering (Bachelor of)
- Computer Science (majoring in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics) (Bachelor of Science)
- Mathematics or Applied Mathematics and Physics (Bachelor of Science)
- Electronics and Physics (Bachelor of Science)
- Astronomy or Astrophysics and Physics (Bachelor of Science)
- NASSP (National Astrophysics and Space Science Programme) (Bachelor of Science: Honours)
- Physics and Electronics or Computer Science or Astronomy or Astrophysics (Bachelor of Science: Honours)
COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The duration of the scholarships will be awarded as follows: 4 years for first-year students, 3 years for second-year students, 2 years for third-year students and 1 year for Honours or fourth-year students. Scholarships are currently being awarded at R140 000 per annum (this amount may be subject to change each year).
SARAO scholarship recipients who are in honors and fourth year will be required to attend an annual workshop during mid-year university holidays.
Chosen applicants will receive notification by 11 November 2019 – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric OR or achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for tertiary studies
- Have read and agreed to all the terms of the SARAO Undergraduate and Honours Scholarship Guide (.pdf)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be done online at: https://skagrants.nrf.ac.za/FPF/
You will be required to Register an account before you can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results (certified copy)
- Proof of University registration
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this Scholarship program, please contact SKA SA/ SARAO directly:
Contact Person: Annah Mashemola
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 011 442 2434
That’s the much we can take on the topic “SKA-SARAO Scholarship 2021/2022 Online Application form Pdf”.
Thanks For Reading