- 1 Media Monitoring Africa lsu Elihle Awards 2022 for African Journalists
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for Media Monitoring Africa lsu Elihle Awards 2022 for African Journalists ,then you are not alone.
MMA’s awards seek to give children a voice and highlight the status of children on the African continent.
Journalists are encouraged to submit their story ideas and these can be targeted at any mainstream news medium such as TV, Radio or Online. The top six story ideas will then be selected during an awards ceremony which will be held in September.
Media Monitoring Africa lsu Elihle Awards Details.
The media can play an important role in protecting and promoting children’s rights and, in many instances, in exposing their abuses and triumphs. This is informed by the belief that children are not a homogenous group and deserve protection of their rights in all stages of their lives from early childhood development right up until they are legally considered to be adults.
The Isu Elihle Awards therefore aim to encourage alternative thinking around reporting on children, and to contribute to an environment that enables journalists to expose and highlight issues affecting children in the country and the continent.
Media Monitoring Africa lsu Elihle Awards Eligibility.
- Open to professional journalists, whether directly employed or freelancers, working in the continent of Africa.
- The Competition is held in English. Therefore all entries and story ideas should be in English.
- Applicants are strictly limited to a maximum of one entry; however, each media house can have as many applicants as it wishes.
- Employees and the immediate families of Media Monitoring Africa (MMA) are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Overall winner: R25,000
- First runner up: R15,000
- Second runner up: R10,000
- Mandy Rossouw Category: Between R10,000 and R25,000
Note that it is possible for one of the top 3 winners to be selected as the winner of the Mandy Rossouw Category. In this case they would take two cash prizes. It is also possible that the MRC will go to one of the other finalists not in the Top 3.
Media Monitoring Africa lsu Elihle Awards Judging Criteria.
The story idea and published story will be judged according to the criteria below:
- The focus on or extensive voice given to children or an issue that impacts children. Children are defined as any persons between the ages of 0-17.
- Consideration for the best interests of children and the ethical manner in which children are treated and given a voice in the story. Journalists must adhere to ethical practices and principles in the planning and execution of the story as MMA will not tolerate the violation of children’s rights in any shape or form.
- Fresh, innovative, and different perspective to children’s issues and/or investigative angle undertaken to report on issue.
- Must be able to complete the story in the period allowed.
- Clarity of the issue and extent to which story engages and captures audiences. The story could be about an area that is not commonly given a children’s angle such as the economy or economic impact on children, land issues, investment or an existing news story and giving it a children’s focus.
- Stories need to highlight possible solutions to the problem or issues that children face.
- Extent to which story challenges common negative stereotypes about the roles of children in society, especially within the gender debate.
- The story should also explore relevant legislation of policy issues related to the issue being explored.
How to Apply for Media Monitoring Africa lsu Elihle Awards.
This entry form must be filled and completed by all African journalists who wish to enter their story ideas in the competition.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Media Monitoring Africa lsu Elihle Awards 2022 for African Journalists”.
Thanks For Reading