JAMB Subject Combination for Religious Studies
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Religious Studies
- 1.1 UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Religious Studies
- 1.2 READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Religious Studies then you are not alone.
Religious studies, also known as the study of religion, is an academic field devoted to research into religious beliefs, behaviors, and institutions. It describes, compares, interprets, and explains religion, emphasizing systematic, historically based, and cross-cultural perspectives.
While theology attempts to understand the transcendent or supernatural forces (such as deities), religious studies tries to study religious behavior and belief from outside any particular religious viewpoint. Religious studies draws upon multiple disciplines and their methodologies including anthropology, sociology, psychology, philosophy, and history of religion.
Religious studies originated in the nineteenth century, when scholarly and historical analysis of the Bible had flourished, and Hindu and Buddhist texts were first being translated into European languages. Early influential scholars included Friedrich Max Müller in England and Cornelius P. Tiele in the Netherlands. Today religious studies is practiced by scholars worldwide. In its early years, it was known as “comparative religion” or the science of religion and, in the US, there are those who today also know the field as the History of religion (associated with methodological traditions traced to the University of Chicago in general, and in particular Mircea Eliade, from the late 1950s through to the late 1980s).
The religious studies scholar Walter Capps described the purpose of the discipline as to provide “training and practice … in directing and conducting inquiry regarding the subject of religion”. At the same time, Capps stated that its other purpose was to use “prescribed modes and techniques of inquiry to make the subject of religion intelligible.” Religious studies scholar Robert A. Segal characterised the discipline as “a subject matter” that is “open to many approaches”, and thus it “does not require either a distinctive method or a distinctive explanation to be worthy of disciplinary status.”
Different scholars operating in the field have different interests and intentions; some for instance seek to defend religion, while others seek to explain it away, and others wish to use religion as an example with which to prove a theory of their own. Some scholars of religious studies are interested in primarily studying the religion to which they belong.
Scholars of religion have argued that a study of the subject is useful for individuals because it will provide them with knowledge that is pertinent in inter-personal and professional contexts within an increasingly globalised world It has also been argued that studying religion is useful in appreciating and understanding sectarian tensions and religious violence
The Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Studies is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Religious Studies O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Religious Studies Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Religious Studies UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Religious Studies.
Please read the Religious Studies programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Religious Studies
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- THE APOSTOLIC CHURCH THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, AMUMARA (AFFL TO UNIV OF UYO) – APOSTOLIC
- ASSEMBLIES OF GOD DIVINITY SCHOOL, OLD UMUAHIA. ABIA STATE (AFFL TO UNIV OF UYO) – ASSEMBLIES
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE – AUE
- AUGUSTINE UNIVERSITY, ILARA, LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – AUGUSTINE
- ARCHBISHOP VINING COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, AKURE. (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN) – AVCTA
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BAPTIST COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, OBINZE, OWERRI (AFFL TO UNIV OF PORT HARCOURT) – BAPTIST
- BAPTIST COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE (AFFL TO AMBROSE ALLI UNIV) – BCT-BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- CALVARY COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, RUKPOKWU, PORT HARCOURT (AFFL TO UNIV OF CALABAR) – CALVARY
- CATHOLIC INSTITUTION OF WEST AFRICA, PORT HARCOURT. (AFFL TO UNIV OF CALABAR) – CIWA
- COAL CITY UNIVERSITY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – COAL-CITY
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY, OGBOKO, IMO STATE – EPU
- EVANGEL UNIVERSITY, AKAEZE, EBONYI STATE – EVANGEL
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- WORLD HARVEST BIBLE COLLEGE AND SEMINARY, CALABAR (AFFL TO UNICAL) – HARVEST
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IMMANUEL COLLEGE OF TECH AND CHRISTIAN EDUC. IBADAN (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN) – IMMANUEL
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE – JABU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- McPHERSON UNIVERSITY, SERIKI SOTAYO, OGUN STATE – MCPHERSON
- MOUNTAIN TOP UNIVERSITY, MAKOGI-OBA, OGUN STATE – MOUNTAIN TOP
- NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN BIBLE COLLEGE, ABAK, AKWA IBOM STATE (AFFL TO UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR) – NCBC
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- PAUL UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – PAUL
- ESSIEN UKPABIA PRESBYTERIAN THEOLOGICAL COLLEGE, ITU (AFFL TO UNICAL) – PTC
- THE SAMUEL BILL THEOLOGICAL COLLEGE, ABAK, AKWA IBOM STATE (AFFL TO UNIV OF UYO) – SAMUEL
- SAMUEL ADEGBOYEGA UNIVERSITY, OGWA, EDO STATE – SAU
- ST. PETER AND PAUL SEMINARY BODIJA, IBADAN (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN), OYO STATE – ST PETER & PAUL
- SUMMIT UNIVERITY, OFFA, KWARA STATE – SUMMIT
- SEAT OF WISDOM SEMINARY, OWERRI, IMO STATE (AFFL TO EVAN UNIVERSITY, OWERRI) – SWSO
- TANSIAN UNIVERSITY, OBA, ANAMBRA STATE – TANSIAN
- TRINITY THEOLOGICAL COLLEGE, UMUAHIA, ABIA STATE (AFFL TO UNIV OF NIG, NSUKKA) – TTC
- UMCA, ILORIN (AFFLIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, OYO STATE) – UMCA
- KINGS UNIVERSITY, ODE-OMU, OSUN STATE – UNIKINGS
- VERITAS UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – VERITAS
- WEST AFRICA THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, IPAJA, LAGOS (AFFL TO UNIV OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA) – WATSI
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Religious Studies
Direct Entry Requirement for Religious Studies:
- Two (2) A Level subjects to include Religious Studies (CRS/IRS).
UTME Requirement for Religious Studies:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language and CRS/IRS.
UTME Subject combination for Religious Studies:
- CRS/IRS and any other two (2) subjects.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Religious Studies. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Religious Studies”.
Thanks For Visiting