JAMB Subject Combination for Pure And Applied Chemistry
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Pure And Applied Chemistry
- 1.1 UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Pure And Applied Chemistry
- 1.2 READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Pure And Applied Chemistry then you are not alone.
According to WIKIPEDIA,
Chemistry is the scientific study of the properties and behavior of matter. It is a natural science that covers the elements that make up matter to the compounds composed of atoms, molecules and ions: their composition, structure, properties, behavior and the changes they undergo during a reaction with other substances.
In the scope of its subject, chemistry occupies an intermediate position between physics and biology. It is sometimes called the central science because it provides a foundation for understanding both basic and applied scientific disciplines at a fundamental level.] For example, chemistry explains aspects of plant chemistry (botany), the formation of igneous rocks (geology), how atmospheric ozone is formed and how environmental pollutants are degraded (ecology), the properties of the soil on the moon (cosmochemistry), how medications work (pharmacology), and how to collect DNA evidence at a crime scene (forensics).
Chemistry addresses topics such as how atoms and molecules interact via chemical bonds to form new chemical compounds. There are two types of chemical bonds: 1. primary chemical bonds e.g covalent bonds, in which atoms share one or more electron(s); ionic bonds, in which an atom donates one or more electrons to another atom to produce ions (cations and anions); metallic bonds and 2. secondary chemical bonds e.g. hydrogen bonds; Van der Waals force bonds, ion-ion interaction, ion-dipole interaction etc.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Pure And Applied Chemistry is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Pure And Applied Chemistry O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Pure And Applied Chemistry Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Pure And Applied Chemistry UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Pure And Applied Chemistry.
Please read the Pure And Applied Chemistry programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Pure And Applied Chemistry
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- HEZEKIAH UNIVERSITY, UMUDI, IMO STATE – UNIHEZ
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Pure And Applied Chemistry
Direct Entry Requirement for Pure And Applied Chemistry:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) of Physics, Mathematics or Biology.
- (ii) ND/NCE with good grades in relevant O Level subjects.
UTME Requirement for Pure And Applied Chemistry:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
UTME Subject combination for Pure And Applied Chemistry:
- Chemistry and two (2) of Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Pure And Applied Chemistry. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Pure And Applied Chemistry”.
Thanks For Visiting