JAMB Subject Combination for Library And Information Studies
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Library And Information Studies
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Library And Information Studies then you are not alone.
Library and information science (LIS) (sometimes given as the plural library and information sciences) is a branch of academic disciplines that deals generally with organization, access, collection, and protection/regulation of information, whether in physical (e.g. art, legal proceedings) or digital forms. By the late 1960s, mainly due to the meteoric rise of human computing power and the new academic disciplines formed therefrom, academic institutions began to add the term “information science” to their names.
The first school to do this was at the University of Pittsburgh in 1964. More schools followed during the 1970s and 1980s, and by the 1990s almost all library schools in the USA had added information science to their names. Although there are exceptions, similar developments have taken place in other parts of the world. In Denmark, for example, the ‘Royal School of Librarianship’ changed its English name to The Royal School of Library and Information Science in 1997.
In spite of various trends to merge the two fields, some consider the two original disciplines, library science and information science, to be separate However, it is common today is to use the terms as synonyms or to drop the term “library” and to speak about information departments or I-schools. There have also been attempts to revive the concept of documentation and to speak of Library, information and documentation studies (or science
The Bachelor’s Degree in Library And Information Studies is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Library And Information Studies O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Library And Information Studies Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Library And Information Studies UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Library And Information Studies.
Please read the Library And Information Studies programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Library And Information Studies
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BIU
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Library And Information Studies
Direct Entry Requirement for Library And Information Studies:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes in relevant subject plus the UTME requirements.
- (ii) NCE merit in relevant subjects.
UTME Requirement for Library And Information Studies:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and three (3) other relevant Arts/Sciences/Social Sciences subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Library And Information Studies:
- Any three (3) subjects.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Library And Information Studies. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Library And Information Studies”.
Thanks For Visiting