JAMB Subject Combination for Land Surveying
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Land Surveying then you are not alone.
Surveying or land surveying is the technique, profession, art, and science of determining the terrestrial or three-dimensional positions of points and the distances and angles between them. A land surveying professional is called a land surveyor. These points are usually on the surface of the Earth, and they are often used to establish maps and boundaries for ownership, locations, such as the designed positions of structural components for construction or the surface location of subsurface features, or other purposes required by government or civil law, such as property sales.
Surveyors work with elements of geometry, trigonometry, regression analysis, physics, engineering, metrology, programming languages, and the law. They use equipment, such as total stations, robotic total stations, theodolites, GNSS receivers, retroreflectors, 3D scanners, LiDAR sensors, radios, inclinometer, handheld tablets, optical and digital levels, subsurface locators, drones, GIS, and surveying software.
Surveying has been an element in the development of the human environment since the beginning of recorded history. The planning and execution of most forms of construction require it. It is also used in transport, communications, mapping, and the definition of legal boundaries for land ownership, and is an important tool for research in many other scientific disciplines.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Land Surveying is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Land Surveying O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Land Surveying Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Land Surveying UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Land Surveying.
Please read the Land Surveying programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Land Surveying
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSU
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Land Surveying
Direct Entry Requirement for Land Surveying:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes chosen from Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry, Geography or Fine Arts.
- (ii) ND/HND upper credits in relevant field.
UTME Requirement for Land Surveying:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any of Fine Art, Geography or Wood Work, Biology, Economics, Technical Drawing, Further. Mathematics., Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Block laying, Concreting, Wall, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentary, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign and Design, Wall Hanging , Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity.
UTME Subject combination for Land Surveying:
- Physics, Mathematics, and any of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology and Economics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Land Surveying. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Land Surveying”.
Thanks For Visiting
READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB