JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Science with Economics
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Science with Economics
- 1.1 UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Computer Science with Economics
- 1.2 UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Computer Science with Economics Mathematics
- 1.3 READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Science with Economics then you are not alone.
Computational economics is an interdisciplinary research discipline that involves computer science, economics, and management science. This subject encompasses computational modeling of economic systems, whether agent-based, general-equilibrium, macroeconomic, or rational-expectations, computational econometrics and statistics, computational finance, computational tools for the design of automated internet markets, programming tool specifically designed for computational economics and the teaching of computational economics. Some of these areas are unique, while others extend traditional areas of economics by solving problems that are tedious to study without computers and associated numerical methods.
Computational economics uses computer-based economic modelling for the solution of analytically and statistically- formulated economic problems. A research program, to that end, is agent-based computational economics (ACE), the computational study of economic processes, including whole economies, as dynamic systems of interacting agents. As such, it is an economic adaptation of the complex adaptive systems paradigm. Here the “agent” refers to “computational objects modeled as interacting according to rules,” not real people. Agents can represent social, biological, and/or physical entities. The theoretical assumption of mathematical optimisation by agents in equilibrium is replaced by the less restrictive postulate of agents with bounded rationality adapting to market forces, including game-theoretical contexts. Starting from initial conditions determined by the modeler, an ACE model develops forward through time driven solely by agent interactions. The scientific objective of the method is “to … test theoretical findings against real-world data in ways that permit empirically supported theories to cumulate over time, with each research building on the work before.”
Computational solution tools include for example software for carrying out various matrix operations (e.g. matrix inversion) and for solving systems of linear and non-linear equations. The following journals specialise in computational economics: ACM Transactions on Economics and Computation, Computational Economics, Journal of Applied Econometrics, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control and the Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination
The Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with Economics is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Computer Science with Economics O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Computer Science with Economics Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Computer Science with Economics UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Computer Science with Economics.
Please read the Computer Science with Economics programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Computer Science with Economics
- CRESCENT UNIVERSITY, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – CUAB
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – LCITY
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Computer Science with Economics
Direct Entry Requirement for Computer Science with Economics:
- Two (2) A Level passes in science subjects including Mathematics
- NCE merit in Mathematics and one (1) other Science or Social Science subject.
UTME Requirement for Computer Science with Economics:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics plus two (2) other Science subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Computer Science with Economics:
- Mathematics, Physics and one (1) of Biology, Chemistry, Agric Science, Economics and Geography.
List of Universities Offering Computer Science and Economics Mathematics
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Computer Science with Economics Mathematics
Direct Entry Requirement for Computer Science with Economics Mathematics:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes in Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry.
UTME Requirement for Computer Science with Economics Mathematics:
- Five (5) SSC credit to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
UTME Subject combination for Computer Science with Economics Mathematics:
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Computer Science with Economics. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Science with Economics”.
Thanks For Visiting