2023 JAMB Literature Texts, Textbooks, Drama, Poetry and Prose Summary
We are aware at mytopschools.com that 2023 JAMB Literature Texts, Textbooks, Drama, Poetry and Prose Summary is been searched by several aspirants wanting to study in the University as well as related searches such as the life changer jamb novel pdf download, list of literature novels for jamb 2023, jamb novel 2023 pdf, literature novels for jamb 2023, jamb literature textbook, jamb literature pdf, jamb literature syllabus for 2023 pdf, jamb novel for 2023
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions. The board conducts entrance Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination for prospective undergraduates into Nigerian universities.
The board is also charged with the responsibility to administer similar examinations for applicants to Nigerian public and private monotechnics, polytechnics, and colleges of educations. All of these candidates must have obtained the West Africa School Certificate, now West African Examinations Council, WAEC, or its equivalent, National Examination Council (Nigeria), NECO.
Most of the JAMB Literature questions and answers will be set from this literature novels. So its very important you read them and prepare effectively.
Also know that you will need the literature syllabus so as to know other topics that you need to read for 2023 literature JAMB exam.
Literature in English Novels for JAMB 2023
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD JAMB APP NOW
DOWNLOAD O3SCHOOLS WAEC APP AND ACTIVATE TO BLAST WAEC. CLICK HERE NOW
Below are the list of all the Literature in English Novels for JAMB 2023. Hint; while reading your JAMB literature novels, make sure to be able to:
- Demonstrate an adequate knowledge of dramatic techniques used in each text.
- Differentiate between the styles of the playwrights.
- Determine the theme of each text.
- Identify the plot of each play.
- Apply the lessons derived from the play to everyday living.
- Identify the spatial and temporal setting of each play.
Latest: JAMB Introduces New literature Texts for 2023
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) through its recent bulletin, has introduced 5 new reading texts for 2023 JAMB literature in English exam.
Below are the names of the 5 newly published JAMB literature reading texts for JAMB 2023 and the names of the authors.
All Novels are on the JAMB recommended CBT Practice app to score 300+ for 2023. Look below
DOWNLOAD AND ACTIVATE THE APP. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- Lion and the Jewel; written by Wole Soyinka and summary
- Look Back in Anger; written by John Osborne and summary
- Second Class Citizen; written by Buchi Emecheta and summary
- Unexpected Joy at Dawn; written by Alex Agyei Agyiri and summary
- Wuthering Heights; written by Emile Bronte. and summary
Old: JAMB Literature Drama Texts 2021
- Harvest of Corruption by Frank Ogodo Ogbeche
- Let me Die Alone by John K. Kargbo
- The Lion and the Jewel by Wole Soyinka
Non African Drama:
- Othello by William Shakespeare
- Look Back in Anger by John Osborne
- Fences by August Wilson
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare
Literature Poetry for JAMB 2023
When reading your literature poetry text, make sure you are able to:
- Determine the different literature devices used by various poets.
- Appraise poetry as an art with moral values.
- Explain how poetic devices are used for aesthetic effect in each poem.
- Deduce the poet’s intention/preoccupation from the poem.
- Apply lessons derived from the poem to real life situations.
JAMB Literature Poetry Texts for 2023
- The Panic of Growing Older by Lenrie Peter
- Vanity by Birago Diop
- The Leader and the Led by Niyi Osundare
- Ambush by Gbemisola Adeoti
- The Song of the Woman of my Land by Oumar Farouk Sesay
- Piano and Drums by Gabriel Okara
- The Dining Table by Gbanabam Hallowell
- Black Woman by Leopard Sedar Senghor
- The Grieved Lands by Agostinho Neto
- Government Driver on his Retirement by Onu Chibuike
- The Anvil and the Hammer by Kofi Awoonor
- Raider of the Treasure Trove by Lade Wosomu
Non African poetry:
- The Proud King by William Morris
- Crossing the Bar by Alfred Tennyson
- The Pulley by George Herbert
- Caged Bird by Maya Angelou
- The School Boy by William Blake
- Do not Go Gentle into the Good Night by Dylan Thomas
- The Good-Morrow by John Donne
- Binsey Poplars by G.M. Hopkins
- The Journey of the Magi by T.S Eliot
- Bat by David H. Lawrence
Literature Prose for JAMB 2023
When reading the selected literature prose for JAMB 2023, make sure you are able to:
- Identify the category of prose that each text belongs to.
- Analyze the components of each prose.
- Identify the narrative pattern and techniques used in each of the texts.
- Determine and identify the narrative style used by the author.
- Distinguish between characters used in the prose.
- Determine the Author’s preoccupation from the text.
- Be able to identify and indicate the plot of the novels.
- Identify the temporal and spatial setting of each novel.
- Relate the story in the text to real life situations.
JAMB Literature Prose Texts for 2023
- Faceless by Amma Darko
- Second Class Citizen by Buchi Emecheta
- Unexpected Joy at Dawn by Alex Agyei-Agyiri
- Native Son by Richard Wright
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronté
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
JAMB Literature Anthologies 2023
The following are the Anthologies for JAMB Literature.
- Naked Soles by Gbemisola, A. (2005)
- The Penguin Book of English Verse by Hayward, J. (ed.) (1968)
- New Poetry from Africa by Johnson, R. et al (1996)
- Oxford Anthology of English Literature by Kermode, F. et al (1964)
- West African Verse by Nwoga D. (ed.) (1967)
- A Selection of African Poetry by Senanu, K. E. and Vincent (1993)
- Poems of Black Africa by Soyinka, W. (1987)
JAMB Literature Critical Text/Textbooks 2023
- A Glossary of Literary Terms by Abrams, M. H. (1981) (4th Edition)
- A Dictionary of Literature by Emeaba, O. E. (1982)
- Understanding Unseen/An Introduction to English Poetry & English Novel for Overseas Students by Murphy, M. J. (1972)
That’s the much we can take on the topic “2023 JAMB Literature Texts, Textbooks, Drama, Poetry and Prose Summary”.
Thanks For Reading
READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB
Price, Selling Points of JAMB UTME E-Pin (Scratch Card)
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board JAMB Guidelines For Admission
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board JAMB Cut-Off Marks Admission Exercise
Free JAMB Past Questions for (PDF Format) Download Here
Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board JAMB Brochure
JAMB Subject Combinations for All Courses
Joint Admission and Matriculation Board JAMB Admission Status Checking Portal for UTME & DE Candidates & Past Years
JAMB CAPS How to ACCEPT or REJECT Admission Offer
How to Print JAMB Original Result Slip for All Years
How to Easily Register JAMB Using Interswitch
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board JAMB Mock Examination for UTME Candidates
JAMB Profile Code Generation & Purchase of e-Pin for New & Previously Used Numbers
Joint Admission Matriculation Board JAMB Institution Matriculation List (JAMB CAPS)
How to Create JAMB Online Profile
How to Buy JAMB ePINS Via Interswitch
UTME: Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board JAMB List of Prohibited Items in Exam Hall
Joint Admission and Matriculation Board JAMB Admission Letter for UTME and Direct Entry and Years Downward]
JAMB Direct Entry Form Approved Selling Points
JAMB Direct Entry Registration : Instructions & Guidelines
AMB Direct Entry Registration Centres in Nigeria
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board JAMB Change of Course & Institution / Data Correction Procedure 2021
JAMB Subject Combinations for Courses in the Arts
JAMB Subject Combinations for Courses in the Social Sciences
JAMB Subject Combinations for Courses in the Sciences
JAMB Recommended Books for Music
JAMB Recommended Books for Mathematics
Requirements to Start a JAMB CBT Centre
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board JAMB Form – Registration Instructions and Guidelines
Miracle Edmunson says
Thanks a lot this was helpful
Ajayi Blessing says
Iduma Peter says
This website helped me a lot at least I knew what to read against my upcoming jamb examination
July Favur says
This has been of great help to me thanks alot