We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for information concerning Illovo Sugar Limited Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form Pdf, , illovo bursary application, chemical engineering bursaries, illovo graduate programme 2020, illovo sugar careers, careers portal bursaries, electrical engineering bursaries for fet colleges, illovo login, aeronautical engineering bursary and we have take it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2020/2021
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “Illovo Sugar Limited Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form Pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
Illovo Sugar Limited Bursary
Illovo Sugar Limited was founded in 1891 and is currently the biggest sugar producer in South Africa. The company is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods Plc., which owns 51% of the companies issued share capital. They currently employ over 12 000 permanent staff members and over 18 000 temporary staff members.
Illovo Sugar produces refined and raw sugar, from sugar cane acquired via their agricultural operations and independent growers, supplied to their factories. The companies product is distributed to local, regional African, United States, European Union (EU) and global markets.
The companies subsidiaries include: Illovo Sugar South Africa (located in Umhlanga, Durban, South Africa); Illovo Sugar Malawi (located in Limbe, Malawi); Ubombo Sugar (located in Swaziland); Maragra Açúcar (located inMaputo, Mozambique); Kilombero Sugar (located in Tanzania) and Zambia Sugar (located in Mazabuka, Zambia).
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (heavy and light current)
- Instrument Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, exam fees, prescribed textbooks, meals and accommodation.
1) University of Technology students will be sponsored for in-service training, on condition that they complete their B Tech degree.
2) Students may be requested to complete vacation work at Illovo.
3) Students may be requested to undergo practical training at an Illovo Operating Centre.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying (or intend on studying) in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying (or intend on studying) at a University or University of Technology
- Matric students: achieving high academic results in English, Science and Mathematics
- Tertiary students: achieving high academic results in all subjects
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric students: latest results (mid-year) AND proof of acceptance to study in one of the above fields at a University or Technikon (on tertiary letterhead)
- Tertiary students: Matric certificate (certified copy) AND latest academic results (on tertiary letterhead)
- Curriculum Viate
15 September annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Illovo Sugar directly:
Department: Illovo Bursaries and Graduate Programmes
Contact Person: Zanele Dube
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 031 508 4300
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Illovo Sugar Limited Bursary 2020/2021 Online Application form Pdf”.
Thanks For Reading