Department of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries Bursaries 2021/2022 pdf
- 1 Department of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries Bursaries 2021/2022 pdf
- 1.1 Department of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries Bursaries 2021/2022
- 1.2 Department of Agriculture Bursaries Available
- 1.3 Department of Agriculture Opportunities
- 1.4 Department of Agriculture Bursaries Requirements
- 1.5 Department of Agriculture Bursaries Application
- 1.6 Department of Agriculture Bursaries Closing Date
- 1.7 RELATED BURSARIES
We are aware at mytopschools that several of you have been searching for information concerning Department of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries Bursaries 2021/2022 pdf, agriculture bursaries 2021, daff undergraduate bursary application form, agriculture bursaries 2021pdf, department of agriculture bursary application forms 2021, department of agriculture forestry and fisheries bursary 2021, daff bursaries 2021, agriculture forestry and fisheries bursary awards for 2021, daff postgraduate bursaries 2021 and we have take it upon ourselves to ensure that you get all the information you need to know to acquire this bursary in 2021/2022
According to Wikipedia, a bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary.
According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times
Having totally told you what a bursary is about, its high time we quickly take a look at the topic of today “Department of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries Bursaries 2021/2022 pdf”.
In this guide, you shall get all the information relating to the bursary and how to go about the application especially the application deadline.
Department of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries Bursaries 2021/2022
This government department has bursaries available for qualifying candidates each year to study further in a field they love that is seen as critical and scarce in the sectors of their industry. Their bursaries are to aid the financially restricted candidates that have a great potential and a desire to study further.
The following will be covered by the bursary awarded to selected candidates:
- Tuition fees
- Book fees
- Accommodation fees
- Meal fees
- A monthly allowance fee
Department of Agriculture Bursaries Available
The following fields of study are available with a bursary from this department and some only at specific Universities:
- B Sc Agricultural Soil Science
- B Sc Agricultural Agronomy
- B Sc Plant Pathology
- B Sc Oceanography & Marine Biology
- B Sc Forestry & Wood Science
- B Sc Geo-informatics
- National Diploma in Food Technology
University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
- B Sc Bio-resource Engineering / Agricultural Engineering
University of Cape Town
- B Sc Marine Biology
University of Pretoria
- Bachelor – Veterinary Science
- B Sc Ichthyology Specializing in Aquaculture
University of Stellenbosch
- B Sc Food Science
- B Sc Viticulture & Oenology / Soil Science / Plant Pathology
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- National Diploma in Forestry
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- National Diploma in Oceanography
- National Diploma in Fisheries Resource Management
Postgraduate subjects are also available for B Tech / B Sc / Honors / M Tech / PhD / M Sc and D Tech within the different fields of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries as required by the Department of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries.
Department of Agriculture Opportunities
The department also provides Internships and a Youth Development Program for unemployed youth in South Africa. The selected individuals that get awarded these opportunities will receive on the job training in technical skills, public service skills, business skills as well as critical life skills. With these skills, they will be able to move on to the formal work sector and become a success story.
They have four main fields available and these are as follow:
- Young Professional Development Plan which is for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Forestry or Fisheries that which to improve and move forward with Honors, Masters, B Tech or Ph.D. There are usually about 20 openings available and successful applicants will need to sign an internship agreement.
- Agri-Export Technologists Program is for unemployed graduates with Agricultural Science, Environmental Health or Food Technology with a minimum of a three-year National qualification. Candidates awarded these opportunities will be placed in the appropriate industry establishments under exceptional leadership and guidance. There are a limited number of openings not exceeding 25 for candidates that are interested.
- Employment opportunities are always available for qualified graduates that are unemployed and between the ages of 18 & 35, with the required qualifications in one of the fields of study within Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry as set by the department.
- Experimental Training Opportunities are made available for undergraduates registered in one of the fields of study within Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry. The selected candidates are required to complete experimental training in order to obtain their degree or diploma.
For more information on the selection process, the requirements and how to apply have a look here or visit the Department of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries web page.
Department of Agriculture Bursaries Requirements
The requirements for fields of study as above will depend on the subjects needed for those fields although there are a few common basic requirements. For the different study fields and their respective requirements please have a look at the information provided on the application.
The following will be required of all candidates:
- All candidates must be South African citizens with a valid ID Book or ID Card.
- All candidates must supply certified copies of income for both parents.
- All candidates must supply certified copies of their academic results.
- All candidates must have Mathematics and Physical Science as subjects.
- All candidates must be previously disadvantaged, poverty-stricken or from deep rural communities.
Department of Agriculture Bursaries Application
Bursaries online applications can be found here under the bursaries tab or visit www.daff.gov.za for more information. Your completed application form with all the relevant documentation can also be sent to the following address.
Sector – Education and Training
Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
Private Bag X 250
Department of Agriculture Bursaries Closing Date
Closing date for bursary applications is usually in the beginning of September each year and candidates will be notified during January of the following year. If applicants have not received a response by the end of January of the following year their applications have been unsuccessful.
Selection works on a 14 point system and there is only a number of available bursaries per year as deemed needed by the Department of Agriculture. Candidates must ensure that the application forms are filled in completely and all the required documentation certified and attached to the application.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Department of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries Bursaries 2021/2022 pdf”.
Thanks For Reading