We are aware at mytopschools.com that several of you are searching for Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Post UTME form 2020/2021,, atbu post utme 2020/2021, atbu screening date 2020, atbu physical screening date 2020, atbu screening portal 2020, www.atbu.edu.ng/student portal, atbu login, atbu news, atbu cbt and we have decided to give you all the information you have been searching for.
The Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, ATBU, Bauchi was established in 1980 as the Federal University of Technology (FUT), Bauchi, located in the North Eastern part of Nigeria with Dr. Jerome Udoji and Professor A. O. Adekola as the pioneer Pro-Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor respectively, while Alh. Adamu Aliyu was the first Registrar of the University.
At inception, the University inherited the site of the former Bauchi State College of Arts and Science (BACAS) at Yelwa as temporary site. She also acquired 4,500 hectare parcel of land Bauchi-Ningi Road as its permanent site and another parcel of land along Bauchi-Maiduguri Road on which a residential estate for staff was developed; the estate is called Kari Estate.
The University academic units divided into Schools and Programmes at inception until 2014 when the National Universities Commission (NUC) approved the change of nomenclature from School to Faculty and from Programme to Department. The University started full academic activity at the Yelwa Campus in October, 1981 with the admission of its first batch of 100 students into her Pre-Degree Programme, while Degree Programmes began in 1982 in the School (now Faculty) of Science and Science Education. Two additional Schools (now Faculties), namely the School of Engineering and Engineering Technology and the School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology were established in the 1983/1984 academic session.
In 1984, under the rationalisation programme of the Federal Government of Nigeria, the University was merged with the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and was renamed the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa College, Ahmadu Bello University, (ATBC-ABU) with Professor Buba Bajoga as the Provost. The name of the College was in honour of the first Prime Minister of Nigeria, Late Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa. In 1988, it was de-merged from the Ahmadu Bello University and regained its autonomy as a full fledge university. Prof Buba Bajoga, the former Provost, became the Vice Chancellor.
Additional Schools were later established as follows:
- The School (now Faculty) of Environmental Technology in the 1991/1992 Session;
- The School of Post Graduate Studies in the 1995/1996 Session;
- School (now Faculty) of Management Technology and
- The School (now Faculty) of Technology Education in the 2002/2003 Session.
The establishment of the School of Technology Education effectively separated Education courses from the Sciences, and the former School of Science and Science Education was renamed the School of Science. Of recent, the University is in the advanced stages of concluding the establishment of the College of Medical Sciences. The University Governing Council has since set-up Committees to ensure a smooth take-off of the College. As a prelude to the establishment of the Medical College, the Bauchi State Government handed over the erstwhile Bauchi State Specialist Hospital to the Federal Government, and has since been converted to the University Teaching Hospital.
A major landmark in the history of the University is the relocation to the permanent site at Gubi. This began with the movement of the Directorate of Remedial Studies in 2008 followed by the Faculty of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology. The Central Administration also moved to Gubi Campus in November, 2010.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the various FIRST DEGREE programmes of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU), Bauchi for the 2020/2021 academic session.
ATBU Post UTME Screening Eligibility.
- ATBU cut-off points for 2020/2021Academic Session for UTME is 180 with the exception of MBBS which is 230.
- Candidates that have applied to other Universities and scored 180 and are interested in changing institution to ATBU are advised to do so before the 5 of August, 2019.
How to Apply for ATBU Post UTME Screening Form.
- Generate the REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR], Proceed to make payment of Two Thousand Naira (N2, 000.00] only as charges for the online Screening, into ATBU account using any Bank of your choice.
- Upload your recent passport size photograph.
- Fill the Bio-Data Form and other the relevant fields as provided.
- Indicate your Scratch Card Pin Number for ‘O’ Levels verification i. e. WAEC, NECO or NABTEB, (awaiting result for any relevant subject should indicated and could be updated at a later date]
- The Portal will remain open from
5th – 19th August, 2019to enable you upload your Data.
- Note that the original copies of your credentials will be verified at the point of physical screening at Faculty/Central levels in due course to ensure your qualification into the course subscribed for
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University ATBU Post UTME form 2020/2021”.
Thanks For Reading