We are aware at mytopschools.com that you have been searching for ATBU Basic Studies IJMB Admission Form 2020/2021, atbu ijmb fees, atbu remedial admission list 2020, atbu sbrs, atbu logo, atbu ijmb admission list 2020, atbu admission form, atbu online screening, atbu medical form and we have decided to give you all the information you have been searching for.
The Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, ATBU, Bauchi was established in 1980 as the Federal University of Technology (FUT), Bauchi, located in the North Eastern part of Nigeria with Dr. Jerome Udoji and Professor A. O. Adekola as the pioneer Pro-Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor respectively, while Alh. Adamu Aliyu was the first Registrar of the University.
At inception, the University inherited the site of the former Bauchi State College of Arts and Science (BACAS) at Yelwa as temporary site. She also acquired 4,500 hectare parcel of land Bauchi-Ningi Road as its permanent site and another parcel of land along Bauchi-Maiduguri Road on which a residential estate for staff was developed; the estate is called Kari Estate.
The University academic units divided into Schools and Programmes at inception until 2014 when the National Universities Commission (NUC) approved the change of nomenclature from School to Faculty and from Programme to Department. The University started full academic activity at the Yelwa Campus in October, 1981 with the admission of its first batch of 100 students into her Pre-Degree Programme, while Degree Programmes began in 1982 in the School (now Faculty) of Science and Science Education. Two additional Schools (now Faculties), namely the School of Engineering and Engineering Technology and the School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology were established in the 1983/1984 academic session.
In 1984, under the rationalisation programme of the Federal Government of Nigeria, the University was merged with the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and was renamed the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa College, Ahmadu Bello University, (ATBC-ABU) with Professor Buba Bajoga as the Provost. The name of the College was in honour of the first Prime Minister of Nigeria, Late Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa. In 1988, it was de-merged from the Ahmadu Bello University and regained its autonomy as a full fledge university. Prof Buba Bajoga, the former Provost, became the Vice Chancellor.
Additional Schools were later established as follows:
- The School (now Faculty) of Environmental Technology in the 1991/1992 Session;
- The School of Post Graduate Studies in the 1995/1996 Session;
- School (now Faculty) of Management Technology and
- The School (now Faculty) of Technology Education in the 2002/2003 Session.
The establishment of the School of Technology Education effectively separated Education courses from the Sciences, and the former School of Science and Science Education was renamed the School of Science. Of recent, the University is in the advanced stages of concluding the establishment of the College of Medical Sciences. The University Governing Council has since set-up Committees to ensure a smooth take-off of the College. As a prelude to the establishment of the Medical College, the Bauchi State Government handed over the erstwhile Bauchi State Specialist Hospital to the Federal Government, and has since been converted to the University Teaching Hospital.
A major landmark in the history of the University is the relocation to the permanent site at Gubi. This began with the movement of the Directorate of Remedial Studies in 2008 followed by the Faculty of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology. The Central Administration also moved to Gubi Campus in November, 2010.
ATBU IJMB Programme.
This is to inform the general public especially candidates interested in Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) Bauchi, Basic (IJMB) & Programmes that the application form for 2019/2020 session is now available.
Candidates applying for this programme must have at least five (5) credits including English and Mathematics (in not more than two sittings) with any of the following combinations:
Social Science Subjects combination
- 004: Accounting, Business Management, Mathematics
- 005: Accounting, Business Management, Economics
- 006: Accounting, Business Management, Geography
- 013: Accounting, Geography, Mathematics
- 031: Business Management, Economics, Mathematics
- 032: Business Management, Economics, Geography
- 049: Economics, Geography, Mathematics
Science Subjects Combination
- 027: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics
- 028: Biology, Chemistry, Geography
- 030: Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- 039: Chemistry, Geography, Mathematics
- 040: Chemistry, Geography, Physics
- 043: Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics
- 063: Geography, Physics, Mathematics
The duration for the programme is twelve (12) months only.
- Candidates admitted for the Basic (IJMB) Programme are also expected to register for 2020 JAMB Direct Entry (DE) for Admission.
- Provision is available for candidates with deficiencies in English and Mathematics to register for Basic English and Mathematics ‘o’level equivalent run by IJMB, ABU Zaria.
How to Apply for ATBU IJMB Admission.
Candidates interested in the ATBU IJMB form should apply by following the procedure below:
- Interested applicants should visit www.portal.atbu.edu.ng/ijmb to download RRR for the application forms. Only RRR generated from the website will be accepted for login into the Registration portal.
- Applicants are to pay N5,000.00 for the forms using the generated RRR from (i) above at the ATBU Microfinance Bank or any commercial bank all over the country.
- Applicants should then proceed for online registration via www.portal.atbu.edu.ng/ijmb platform
- Note: candidates are advised to strictly follow the registration guidelines as clearly stated on the School website.
- While completing the form, applicant’s picture (120px X 120px and 40kb) and O’level details will be required.
- After completing the application form, prospective candidates are advised to make a printout of the completed form and submit to the Directorate liaison office at Yelwa campus, Student Affairs Unit, ATBU, Bauchi.
Deadline to Apply
Application commenced on Monday, 15th July, 2019 to Friday 18th October, 2019.
For more information kindly visit the School website: www.atbu.edu.ng or call any of the following help line: 08031921982, 07050319053, 08034334944, 08080666999.