PASET Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund PhD Scholarships 2023/2024 for Scholars from Sub-Saharan Africa
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for PASET Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund PhD Scholarships 2023/2024 for Scholars from Sub-Saharan Africa, paset regional scholarship 2023, the regional scholarship and innovation fund rsif for applied sciences engineering and technology, rsif scholarship 2023, paset executive board, paset rsif phd scholarships, rsif paset scholarship 2023, apply for a rsif phd scholarship, the regional scholarship and innovation fund ,then you are not alone.
The Partnership for skills in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology (PASET) is an African-led initiative with the goal of strengthening skills in the Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology to further socio-economic transformation in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). The Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) is the flagship program of PASET. RSIF focuses on transformative technologies that have a far-reaching positive impact on society. It is funded by contributions from African governments, the World Bank and the Government of Korea and facilitated by the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) in Nairobi, Kenya.
RSIF aims to train quality PhD students and post-doctoral researchers at selected African universities (‘African Host Universities’) to address the human resource gap of highly qualified specialists in the fields of applied sciences, engineering, and technology (ASET) and to contribute to improving research and innovation capacities in those fields in SSA. RSIF also supports the strengthening of research and innovation ecosystems at the African Host Universities by providing funding through competitive grants.
RSIF supports training, research and innovation in five PASET Priority Thematic Areas: (1) ICT including big data and artificial intelligence, (2) Food security and agri-business, (3) Minerals, mining and materials engineering, (4) Energy including renewables and (5) Climate change.
The specific objectives of RSIF are to:
- Create a stock of highly skilled scientists, professionals and innovators in ASET areas.
- Identify and nurture young talented Africans who wish to further their studies in ASET fields where expertise is needed most.
- Address imbalances in the number of women and disadvantaged groups in ASET fields in Africa.
- Build African university capacity to provide relevant ASET training and to ensure continued investment in scaling up the ASET education and workforce.
PASET Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund PhD Scholarship Thematic Areas.
RSIF supports training, research and innovation in five PASET Priority Thematic Areas:
- ICT including big data and artificial intelligence
- Food security and agri-business
- Minerals, mining and materials engineering
- Energy including renewables and
- Climate change.
PASET-RSIF PhD Scholarship Eligibility.
- Have a relevant master’s degree in one of the fields of study. The master’s degree must have been completed less than six years before April 30
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the African Host University they are applying to.
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan Africa country.
- Be willing to enroll full-time in a PhD program at a African Host University in the academic year.
- Be willing to spend 6-24 months in a ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute or private company.
- Demonstrate that their research goals are well aligned to the RSIF Priority Thematic Areas and contribute to Africa’s development.
- Priority for the scholarships will be given to women and existing young academic faculty who do not have a PhD.
PASET-RSIF PhD Scholarship Benefits.
RSIF PhD Scholars will receive the following benefits:
- The RSIF PhD Scholarship covers university tuition and related fees, competitive stipend to cover living expenses, travel, medical insurance, and research costs.
- RSIF PhD scholars will be supported to spend 6-24 months in a ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute or private company.
- RSIF PhD scholars become part of a growing network of emerging leaders in ASET fields in Sub Saharan Africa.
- RSIF PhD scholars will have access to RSIF competitive research grants upon completion of their PhD.
How to Apply for PASET-RSIF PhD Scholarship.
- Reference the RSIF PhD scholarship call guidelines (English or French) for guidance in completing your application. Please note that only complete applications submitted online will be accepted. Should there be any challenges navigating the application system, please contact [email protected]
- Complete the online application and submit together with the required supporting documents via the online system.
- The online platform will accept the following file types: doc, docx, pdf, jpg, jpeg, png. The maximum file size accepted for any single file is 32 MB.
- Submit together with the required supporting documents.
- The application must be completed in English or French.
- Applications must be submitted no later than 15 June, at 5:00 pm (East Africa Time; UTC+3).
Closing date for applications: June
That’s the much we can take on the topic “PASET Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund PhD Scholarships for Scholars from Sub-Saharan Africa”.
Thanks For Reading