We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for Miles Morland Foundation MMF Writing Scholarship 2024 for African Writers | £18,000 Grant,, miles morland writing scholarship 2024, miles morland scholarship 2024, miles morland wife, morland writing scholarship application, miles morland scholarship 2024, miles morland scholarship 2024, 2024 miles morland winners, morland prize, miles morland wikipedia then you are not alone.
The Miles Morland Foundation’s main aim is to support entities in Africa which enable Africans to get their voices heard. It is particularly interested in supporting African writing and African literature.
It can be difficult for writers, before they become established, to write while simultaneously earning a living. To help meet this need the MMF annually awards a small number of Morland Writing Scholarships, with the aim being to allow each Scholar the time to produce the first draft of a completed book.
Miles Morland Foundation (MMF) Writing Scholarship Eligibility.
- The Scholarships are open to anyone writing in the English language who was born in Africa, or both of whose parents were born in Africa
- To qualify for the Scholarship a candidate must submit an excerpt from a piece of work of between 2,000 – 5,000 words, written in English that has been published and offered for sale.
Miles Morland Foundation (MMF) Writing Scholarship Requirements.
- The only condition imposed on the Scholars during the year of their Scholarship is that they must write. They will be asked to submit by email at least 10,000 new words every month until they have finished their book, or their Scholarship term has ended. If the first draft of the book is completed before the year is up, payments will continue while the Scholar edits and refines their work.
- At the end of each month scholars must send the Foundation 10,000 new words that they will have written over the course of the month. Scholars are also asked to donate to the MMF 20% of whatever they subsequently receive from the book they write during the period of their Scholarship. This includes revenues as a result of film rights, serialisations or other ancillary revenues arising from the book written during the Scholarship period. These funds will be used to support other promising writers. The 20% return obligation should be considered a debt of honour rather than a legally binding obligation.
Miles Morland Foundation (MMF) Writing Scholarship Grant.
- Scholars writing fiction will receive a grant of £18,000, paid monthly over the course of twelve months. At the discretion of the Foundation, Scholars writing non-fiction, who require additional research time, could receive an additional grant, paid over a period of up to eighteen months.
How to Apply for Morland Writing Scholarships.
Have you enclosed all five things on the checklist below? If not, do not send a submission.
- A submission of between 2,000 to 5,000 words as a Word document of work that has been published and offered for sale. Please send proof of publication.
- A description of between 400 – 1,000 words about the new book you intend to write.
- A scan of an official document showing that you, or both of your parents, were born in Africa.
- A brief bio of between 200 – 300 words.
- Tell them how you heard about the Morland Writing Scholarships.
Applications will be received between 1st July and 18th September . Applications submitted outside that period will not be looked at.
All enquiries relating to the Morland Scholarships should be directed to [email protected].
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Miles Morland Foundation MMF Writing Scholarship for African Writers | £18,000 Grant”.
Thanks For Reading