JAMB Subject Combination for Visual Arts And Technology
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Visual Arts And Technology then you are not alone.
The visual arts are art forms such as painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, photography, video, filmmaking, design, crafts and architecture. Many artistic disciplines such as performing arts, conceptual art, and textile arts also involve aspects of visual arts as well as arts of other types. Also included within the visual arts are the applied arts such as industrial design, graphic design, fashion design, interior design and decorative art.
Current usage of the term “visual arts” includes fine art as well as the applied or decorative arts and crafts, but this was not always the case. Before the Arts and Crafts Movement in Britain and elsewhere at the turn of the 20th century, the term ‘artist’ had for some centuries often been restricted to a person working in the fine arts (such as painting, sculpture, or printmaking) and not the decorative arts, craft, or applied Visual arts media. The distinction was emphasized by artists of the Arts and Crafts Movement, who valued vernacular art forms as much as high forms. Art schools made a distinction between the fine arts and the crafts, maintaining that a craftsperson could not be considered a practitioner of the arts
The increasing tendency to privilege painting, and to a lesser degree sculpture, above other arts has been a feature of Western art as well as East Asian art. In both regions painting has been seen as relying to the highest degree on the imagination of the artist, and the furthest removed from manual labour – in Chinese painting the most highly valued styles were those of “scholar-painting”, at least in theory practiced by gentleman amateurs. The Western hierarchy of genres reflected similar attitudes.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Arts And Technology is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Visual Arts And Technology O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Visual Arts And Technology Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Visual Arts And Technology UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Visual Arts And Technology.
Please read the Visual Arts And Technology programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure
List of Universities Offering Visual Arts And Technology
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE – CRUTECH
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Visual Arts And Technology
Direct Entry Requirement for Visual Arts And Technology:
- (i) A Level passes in Two (2) of Fine Arts, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
- (ii) ND in Industrial Design or Glass Technology or Fine Art at credit level.
UTME Requirement for Visual Arts And Technology:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Fine Art, Mathematics, Chemistry. Spinning; Weaving; Surface Design and Printing; Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing; Ceramics; Graphic Design; Graphic Printing; Decorative Painting, Spray Painting, Lining, Sign and Design, Wall Hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing, Building/ENGINEERING/ENVIRONMENTAL/TECHNOLOGY Drawing, General Wood Work.
UTME Subject combination for Visual Arts And Technology:
- Chemistry, Mathematics and Fine Arts/Physics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Visual Arts And Technology. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Visual Arts And Technology”.
Thanks For Visiting